Bo is available ;)

M

Matt Bo Eder

So, with forced New Year's Resolutions upon me, I thought I'd throw this out there that I'm looking for gigs and new people to play with. I do have my one trio project, but that's moving a bit slow now that I have some time freed up in my life.

If anyone is looking for a competent drummer who can navigate charts with a solid groove in the Los Angeles/Orange County area - I'm interested. I own a tux and am available for weddings and other special events too. I have good transportation and gear and am never late. Oh yeah, I can sing too if anybody needs that too.

PM me if you know anyone looking for a drummer and you're not interested.

I will vouch for Bo, he's subbed for me with a local band over the last few years, and has made me proud!

I will vouch for Bo, he's subbed for me with a local band over the last few years, and has made me proud!

Thanks for the glowing recommendation Bermuda! I can't really add to that ;)

Really folks, I'm looking at my situation with a new-found hope. I lose one big gig, but have decided to open more doors, I'm gonna start this year with a whole new slate. I'm sort of clearing my calendar of old gigs and looking forward to better musicians and projects to be a part of, and I really need to let go of what I used to do.

I had a teacher who always said, "If you want something different, then you have to do different". I'm going to make an honest effort to do different!

What gig did you lose?

Well if I hear of anything that I would need a sub for I'll let you know. Sometimes I do a thing in Temecula at the Merc theater and need a sub... the pay ain't great and it's a long day (2pm call time, 6:30 and 8:00 shows) but the networking is good and it's a lot of fun.

What gig did you lose?

Well, my mouse gig is done, but it'll probably drawn on for another year without me. And to expand my territories, I'm gonna cut loose the show choir work so I can fill that time with "cooler" projects and music. I've been doing that show choir scene for 30 years now and once you say yes, you're kind of committed from December until May every year. It's hard to give the nod to better potential gigs when every Friday and Saturday are taken being out with the kids. Regardless of the amount of the check I get with that, maybe it's time. Or I may never leave!

So I had a wonderful opportunity just drop in my lap from all this personal upheaval - so much so that after I calculated everything out, doing this one upcoming gig over two days as a group photographer literally covers what I'd make from show choirs in six months.

This even gives me more time to go out and play music I'd really like to groove on. It's amazing when you're inspired to do something different, that something comes along right when you need it. I was dreading cutting the financial umbilical, but not anymore. I think I'll be all right.

But the networking has just begun. With kind words from Bermuda, and possibles from Mendozart and BillyRay, the future looks good. You guys have no idea what it means to me to be in such good company here. Things are not so bleak - and with the NAMM show coming up, it'll be nice to be in "meet n greet" mode and making new friends. This is going to be a great weekend coming up.

Thanks all!

So I had a wonderful opportunity just drop in my lap from all this personal upheaval - so much so that after I calculated everything out, doing this one upcoming gig over two days as a group photographer literally covers what I'd make from show choirs in six months.

This even gives me more time to go out and play music I'd really like to groove on. It's amazing when you're inspired to do something different, that something comes along right when you need it. I was dreading cutting the financial umbilical, but not anymore. I think I'll be all right.

But the networking has just begun. With kind words from Bermuda, and possibles from Mendozart and BillyRay, the future looks good. You guys have no idea what it means to me to be in such good company here. Things are not so bleak - and with the NAMM show coming up, it'll be nice to be in "meet n greet" mode and making new friends. This is going to be a great weekend coming up.

Thanks all!

That's great Bo. Congratulations man. It's easy for us to sit here and say everything will be OK, but it is quite another feeling altogether to actually live through it.

But look what happened. You just got 2 days of work that pays as much as 5 months? Nothing wrong there.

Good move cutting the show choir IMO. That takes balls. 30 years, you've most definitely been there and done that. Time for something new eh? Your drumming career is entering a whole new phase now with all these changes, where you have the time to do what you want. I am fully confident that this "firing" was the kickoff to a whole new, much more personally satisfying phase of your professional life. And you really do deserve it. You've earned it.

Funny.

I recently decided to re-enter the gigging world. Re-headed and tuned up 79 Ludwigs. Picked up some hardware. Gathered up my gig chops up and threw my hat into the ring. I was looking for some solid guys that wanted to gig occasionally and not full-time musicians. Just like that, I find a couple of bands that seem solid that want me to audition. One gig I have wrapped up if I want it. What happens next? I find out I have cancer in my lungs and liver.

There goes my gigging plans.

Best of luck, Bo.

Funny.

I recently decided to re-enter the gigging world. Re-headed and tuned up 79 Ludwigs. Picked up some hardware. Gathered up my gig chops up and threw my hat into the ring. I was looking for some solid guys that wanted to gig occasionally and not full-time musicians. Just like that, I find a couple of bands that seem solid that want me to audition. One gig I have wrapped up if I want it. What happens next? I find out I have cancer in my lungs and liver.

Best of luck, Bo.

Well Thanks! That was uplifting.

So sorry to hear of your bad luck. I just returned to playing drums after 40 years of not playing. And at 65 years old I'm wondering how long I have left to play.
I can only hope I have a few more years left in me. My Dad was gigging and playing until he died at 83 years old.

Go Bo !!. At least I can live my drumming career through you vicariously.

Funny.

Best of luck, Bo.

I'm so sorry to hear about that :( Maybe you can still play - it might even make the cancer go away. Stranger things have happened!

Well Thanks! That was uplifting.

So sorry to hear of your bad luck. I just returned to playing drums after 40 years of not playing. And at 65 years old I'm wondering how long I have left to play.
I can only hope I have a few more years left in me. My Dad was gigging and playing until he died at 83 years old.

Go Bo !!. At least I can live my drumming career through you vicariously.

I must be lucky, Jim. I've been playing all my life. I can't imagine what not playing would be like for 40 years. I'm glad you made it back too!

I must be lucky, Jim. I've been playing all my life. I can't imagine what not playing would be like for 40 years. I'm glad you made it back too!
Although my hiatus was less than Jim's (25 years), I agree, it sucks. Strangely, it doesn't suck during said hiatus (otherwise, why would you volunteer abstinence), but it sure does when you return to playing, & work out how much experience / improvement you've missed out on :(

Back