New artsy shot of my kit <3

a few more of the kit if any of you care :)

5592668136_29be3112b6_b.jpg

5592665990_5a0a479287_b.jpg

The Red tape is there purely so i know what kit is mine at gigs :)

As for mounting the tom like that, i only do it so it can be lower to the floor :) and it looks kinda cool :)

I mark all my stuff that's not connected to my rack in a similar manner.

re: tom mount- well, for achieving the same height, you can lower the clamp that holds the tom mount and then turn the L-rod upward. That would also lower your stand's center of gravity, making it more stable. Doesn't help you on the looks part though, if you just dig the look of it that way. I still don't believe that changing the L-rod's position alone aids/hinders resonance... Like I said, I've personally tried it with several of mine with no change.

Regardless, it's your stuff, so you (and all the rest of us weighing in on the matter) can do what you want, but the BD gouge is gonna happen one day...! Shame, too, with all these gorgeous tubs.

I am also not understanding why having the mount right side up or upside down would make any difference on a tom that has a resonance isolation mount on it. Because of that alone I don't think the drum should care because it's technically not being hindered in any way by the mounting. I would also think that if you were checking on your tom mount bracket from time-to-time, it would probably never get loose enough for it to crash down onto the bass drum. Tama has always done a great engineering job with their mounts.

Back