best kit for the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking around and cant really decide which would be the best kit for the money, so far my choices are Pacific platium, Mapex Saturns and tama b/b EFX. are any of these good or are there other choices I could be missing? Thanks.

I can't speak for the PDP or Mapex but I have the Tama Starclassic B/B in Gold Crush Sparkle. I love the kit, it sounds amazing live, in the studio and at home. You cannot go wrong with the Starclassic B/B.Excellent!

All 3 are excellent choices. I'd say, in order of quality, Tama, Mapex, Pacific. Quality for the cash- Mapex, Pacific, Tama. I have a Mapex Pro-M that is indeed "pro" in every aspect, and my Pacific CX kit sounds fantastic and was a great bargain. I've no experience with the B/B's other than they're a bit pricey, but I'm a Tama guy from way back, and their quality on all their lines have been great. You can't go wrong with any of your choices.

I got a wicked deal on my kit, so I would vote SC performer too. In my opinion they're just as good as Pearl masters and MCX. SC maple and bubinga would be equivalent of reference series.
I think the performer B/B's sound amazing for all applications. They have a wide tuning range high, medium and low tuning sound great for the toms. They're my best choice of kit that I would buy as a 5 or 6 pc shell pack. As opposed to a more expensive kit I would be spending like 4 grand on a SC maple 2 bass drums, 5 toms, etc. Only real difference is unique sizes and many more finish options.

It depends on where you live, different brands are different prices depending on your country. Example: Tama's prices are through the roof here in Canada, yet Sabian cymbals are significantly cheaper than US prices.

Pacific Platinum's are great. Take a look at my pic's if you get a chance.

What kind of setup are you looking to get. If you want something other than a shell pack from tama it's going to cost you an arm and a leg and possibly half your spleen. Tama makes beautiful drums. I am proud to own and play them but their prices are just insane when it comes to their top lines. I would also look into the ludwig centenial series. I think Shane from Just Drums on here could give you some help with those.

Well Can anyone explain which kit would be all around good for open rooms and small rooms? Would the maple kit be better in both situations or would one suck worst then the other? I'm not really familiar with the b/b wood and how it works and from what I remember, maple in small rooms has a lot of overtone. but yeah, I'm kinda stumped on which will work the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back