My New PDP 805

beany_22

Hey, i posted a few pics of my old pearl export a few weeks back and said that my PDP 805 was on its way...well its finally here and the exports are now gone.

heres a few pics..

20x18 bass
12x9 tom
14x12 floor tom
16x 12 floor tom

with a 13x7 snare with a dry genera on.

same cymbals up as last time..

13" aax stage hats
20" aax stage ride
18" a custom projection crash
16" K medium thin dark crack

with my 10" K splash on now
Image042.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image039.jpg

seeing that the first thing that springs to mind is "simple plan".

Personally i've never really been a massive fan of coloured hardware but i think that's because i'm from a guitar/bass playing background where such things don't exist. Not bad actually. Suppose if a drumkit can be black with black hardware than why not white with white hardware?

Very... white. Cool stuff. Like your setup, I'm sure you get some comments from people who see it, especially if you play a gig.

In reply to a few of you...

eddiehimself: Yeah the simple plan thing kinda throws me too, i saw the drummer from coheed and cambria using them as well in a video..not a fan of either band though if im honest...but on the guitar issue, you get black and gold hardware i suppose...

driver: heads will be on soon, i only got the drums yesterday so i thought id try the stocks and see if they were THAT bad...and their not really, but coated g2's will be on soon..aesthetically, it'll look badass. they sound nice, but yeah, with the stock heads i can't tell you right now, they're definately in the intermediate section though.

Jdrum14: i really have no idea? id like to see a review of it though.

youenjoy00myself: unfortunately, the fact ive had them a day means i havent gigged with them yet. i cant wait to though!

I do have a few criticisms though, the legs on the floor toms are way too short, their just about right now, but they wont go any higher.

the hat clutch isn't very good.

and i dont like the tom bracket, hence the snare stand.

the kit on the pictures is kinda just thrown together, ive tweaked it a little since and theres still more to go.

It an Evans Dry Genera..

i fitted some coated Evans EC2's today on the toms...they all sound amazing now...

so i can now answer the questions before of what they sound like...

they sound brilliant, very very warm with the EC2's.

Very unique look, and I'm sure they look even cooler with the coated heads! And birch if I'm not mistaken? Lots of attack and punch. Congratulations!!

I've heard some cool things about the 805's. You'res looks great. I think Adam Carson of Afi used an all white kit in there live dvd if I'm not mistaken. All you need to do now is spray paint your cymbal stands white!

Cheers for the nice words punkdrummer, i used to be an afi fan when i was younger but i havent actually seen their live dvd, i might check it out sometime.

I was flicking through the new PDP catalogue yesterday and ive seen that their now offering coloured rubber bits on the bottom of stands, it seems like a reasonably good idea but its like their taking the colour thing way too overboard, i think the bottoms looks fine as they are, more white would be wayy too much for me i think.

seeing that the first thing that springs to mind is "simple plan".

Personally i've never really been a massive fan of coloured hardware but i think that's because i'm from a guitar/bass playing background where such things don't exist. Not bad actually. Suppose if a drumkit can be black with black hardware than why not white with white hardware?

Nice and classy. I love simple plan and everything about Chucks druming.. Chuck played this kit im one of their music vidoes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5TQze48Lo

I got the same kit, white on white 20" pdp 805! Nice you like em... i just finished recording a 12-song album with them too, ill post some songs when they get available so u all can hear what it sounds like with some good micing.

One thing i dont like about them is the white is starting to chip away on some of the hardware! I should be more careful... oh well, they still look great after 6 months of constant use

I'd like to know what you think of the sound and feel of the 20 in bass drum?
like what separates it from a 22 in sound
because I'm looking to get myself an auxilury bass either 20 or 18

Back