Some forum members dropped in today :)

Andy

You are in danger of giving us the impression that your life is all about having fun; hedonistic even. We all know how hard you work but this fun side of your life is getting out of hand. I'm starting to get jealous.

Dear friend
Davo
Hedonistic Dave? --- I wish ;) Occasional highlights mostly dissolved into a sea of stuff you'd rather not do :(

Looks like so much fun! Very jealous, but hope to see many forum members at LDS this year :)
Me too :) What day are you coming?

I'm going to miss not seeing you guys in October..
You have no idea how much I wish you were coming this year Larry. It's going to be a much better show :) I'm still so chuffed that you & Grea made it out last year. Truly, blown away by that.

LEAVE HIM ALONE, YOU TWO. He's utterly, utterly perfect!
And not even the slightest hint of maternal(esque) defensive instinct there folks! ;) ;) ;)

I really need to set up a LTD Business so I can write off the trip over to see Andy's Drum Shoppe and do some pub hopping English Style.
And you would be super welcome :) We did go for lunch in a renovated 15th century pub & had local beer battered cod & chips washed down with a pint of hoppy Golden Valley beer. Sometimes, life's a bitch ;)

Hey Andy,

Great pictures, it seems great drums bring big smiles to everyone :)

I was a bit curious about the shell on the bottom right of the 1st picture.
It looks like my bubinga snare but I thought you've chosen other types of wood as your main building material.

Cheers, Eric

Saturday :) present from both parents and fiance, all we can afford but best thing they could have got me :)
Excellent! I truly admire your family support ethic. I've had to work though similar challenges in the past, but thankfully not at your age. You're a shining example of the son every mother dreams of having, & you so deserve your special day out.

As a little something to make your day even better, let me know the size of your favourite snare, & I'll have a set of Evans heads plus Puresound wires of your choice, and a brand new Protection Racket AAA case waiting for you at the Guru stand :)

Hey Andy,

Great pictures, it seems great drums bring big smiles to everyone :)

I was a bit curious about the shell on the bottom right of the 1st picture.
It looks like my bubinga snare but I thought you've chosen other types of wood as your main building material.

Cheers, Eric
Do you mean the one hanging on the wall? There's a story surrounding that shell. It was given to our machining subcontractor as payment for some lathe tooling about 3 years ago. He's currently selling a load of gear he's not getting around to using. When I saw the advertisement, I offered to buy it back from him. Why? - it's a particularly wonderful thick shell stave made from the very highest grade bubinga money can buy. It's one of only three we made from the transition point between heartwood & sapwood. Finished, it's a stunning instrument, so I couldn't resist. My initial plan was to sell it when complete, but it might just end up in Andy's personal collection. Of course, you'd know exactly why I might be tempted to keep it ;)

Here's a picture of one finished some 3 years ago. You might recognise it ;) Of course, I'll be giving this shell the full In-Tense lug treatment, & if I keep it, I'll fit an Nguage strainer :)

Attachments

• bubinga sale1 jpg.jpg
    bubinga sale1 jpg.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 187
As a little something to make your day even better, let me know the size of your favourite snare, & I'll have a set of Evans heads plus Puresound wires of your choice, and a brand new Protection Racket AAA case waiting for you at the Guru stand :)

That Andy...wow, I'm blown away by your support for everyone in the drummer community. Absolute class.

Sadly, Kevin moved to Northern Arizona, he met a very nice lady and they left this dry, dusty desert for the cooler climates.

That Andy...wow, I'm blown away by your support for everyone in the drummer community. Absolute class.

This man does his bit and more to make the world a better place. You're an inspiration, Andy.

Thank you for your kind words guys. I try to help a little if I can - just wish I could do more :(

holy cow are you serious?!?!?! going to pm you now then....
Always serious. Got your PM - noted. Wires & rigid case now arranged. G1 coated over Hazy 300 ok for you?

Sadly, Kevin moved to Northern Arizona, he met a very nice lady and they left this dry, dusty desert for the cooler climates.
Ah, that's a shame. Please pass on my fondest regards if you do communicate with him.

wow,

I can clearly hear a clear tonal pitch on the 2nd kit on the video. Geez, those are are fine fine drums!

wow,

I can clearly hear a clear tonal pitch on the 2nd kit on the video. Geez, those are are fine fine drums!

Thanks Abe :) Rough Q3 recordings on the fly, but the character usually comes across. That big walnut kit is designed for one thing & one thing only - filling a room with tone!!! :) Bass drum sub is just ridiculous!

Unbelievably, the first kit has a 20" bass drum.

Back