Have A Little Extra Cash Laying Around? If so ...

Surprised that nobody found this interesting. I sure did. What a collectible drum, never been touched since the factory and an original COB Supra.. If I was a collector, I'd sure pick it up. I have no idea what the value is so this is probably high at $1,600 since it is still at auction. Still, what a beauty. Joey

Interesting indeed. I don't understand how something stays untouched that long.

Must have missed this first time round.....thanks for the bump.

How does one sit on that snare for so long?......I would have been unable to contain my excitement years ago. The old man has a '64 with the red dampener, but I'm pretty sure his is COA (anyone know when the crossover was??)......and not nearly as pristine as the one pictured. Great looking drum......thanks again for this little snippet of nostalgia!!

Great thread Joey....thanks for the info. I'd heard the COB was stopped in '63. I see you as having listed '62 in that thread......I think it's fair to assume that anything between '62 and '64 could be either model.

Either way.....that mint condition is a great find.....doubt I'd pay US$1600....but I'd love to have it!!

Oh man, I just don't have the cash now. 2 days to go? Okay will see what I can do.

Go, Wy, Go! Hope you get it if you really want it. If anyone has a collection to show it off, it is you. By the way, is this COB? Good luck! Joey

It looks like I cannot get the cash until the end of the week, or even early next week. I have a couple of buyers for snares I can replace but they are musicians! You know how that goes....

Fingers are crossed. I've not made a bid and wont until I can be sure.

I'm guessing this isn't a COB, but who cares! It is still a remarkable addition to any collection. I only posted it here so y'all could get a kick out of reading about such a unique instrument coming on the market. Joey

Back