My new PDP MX!

drums32

Ok i just got this about a month ago but didnt have all the hardware yet but now i have it!
Pacific Mx 8 ply Maple 6 piece drumset in emerald fade.
22x18 bass drum, 5x14 snare, 10x8 tom, 12x9 tom 14x12 tom, and i added a 8x7 tom.
Sound percussion snare stand and throne, pdp 700 hi hat stand, pearl p120p single pedal, pdp 800 boom/straight stand (which is holding my ride), sound percussion boom stand, sound percussion boom arm with clamp.
Now for the cymbals is 14 inch sabian b8 hi hats (Which i want to upgrade to xs20s or somethin better soon). 16 inch b8 thin crash, 18 inch b8 thin crash, and 20 inch b8 ride. I hope to replace first the hi hats with xs20s, then both crashes with xs20s, then eventually the ride to an xs20. I am thinking of buying a paiste signature 8 inch splash from my friend for $45 bucks in excellent condition but i have to pay off my drums first so idk yet if i will buy the splash also i want to upgrade my hi hats so im probably going to get the essentials upgraded then focus on effects. As you can see i got evans ec2s on the toms and love them, i just got my add on tom and it still has the stock head so i will be replacing that with an ec2 soon. As for the bass drum i just put a remo falam slam on the stock head and im torn between an emad 2 or superkick 2 so i will just wait it out until i find out which one i want. Also the snare is a stock head with a moongel that works great and eliminates overtones but i will be replacing that head soon with an evans genera hd dry head soon. Other than that im very happy with my new kit! Please comment

Attachments

• pdp1.JPG
    pdp1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • pdp2.JPG
    pdp2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,387
  • pdp3.JPG
    pdp3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,403
  • pdp4.JPG
    pdp4.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,510
  • pdp5.JPG
    pdp5.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 2,961
  • pdp6.JPG
    pdp6.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,591
Last edited:
Re: MY NEW PDP MX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, I hope you enjoy it!

As for the EMAD2 vs SK2 controversy, this is what I tell everyone:

If you buy the SK2, you are stuck with one sound, and if you don't like how it turns out, you are stuck.

If you buy the EMAD 2, you have 3 sounds, and the chances of one being to your liking are greater.

Hope this helped.

Very nice, I love PDP MX,CX,LW & LWE drums, all great kits

That's a pretty fade! I like the setup as well. I know more people will find deals on those as the new series has replaced them. I already know they sound good.

I am an Evans man...and I can relate to the EMAD. I just swapped out a SKI from our deployed chapel tent kit. I replaced it with a new EMAD. The punch and focus are now vastly superior to the SKI while still maintaining the deep low end. Aquarian's response is slower and the sound is warmer and more diffuse. I can't say that I like that.

My new kit will have an EMAD 2 kick on it.

Very nice. Those are the same sizes as my Gretsch. With a little work you can get those toms tuned and get rid of the moon gels and let them sing. Congrats on the new toys.
Have fun.

Last edited:

Very nice! Congrats....

The EC2 does take a little extra time tuning just right, especially the smaller toms. But I agree with Gruntersdad...."let them sing".....

Awesome!!!

yea ive noticed that 12 inch tom took a long time to tune and i looked and i saw like a seperation in the wood, very thin seperation should i send it to pdp to get it fixed or sand it down with sandpaper, or is it ok?

yea ive noticed that 12 inch tom took a long time to tune and i looked and i saw like a seperation in the wood, very thin seperation should i send it to pdp to get it fixed or sand it down with sandpaper, or is it ok?

I'd definately show someone, Those are gorgeous drums, you certainly don't want it to get worse down the road. It may be nothing, but better safe then sorry. Maybe send some pics of it to a pdp rep?
Did you get it from a dealer or online?

i got it from guitar center

SHOOT, if I just got those and found any sepearation I would be all over them to breach the GAP! They are new right? You do not want it to get worse so point it out and let them do that customer service thing...that is what it is all about.

NICE KIT though thanks for sharing...now have them fix it ;9

its a floor model but im pretty sure i get the warranty and everything, should i take it to guitar center, or send pdp/dw an e-mail?

try to guess how much i paid for just the bass drum, 2 rack toms, and floor tom, and snare-(5pc. shell pack)

Very nice. I own the same kit except with a 16inch tom instead of the 8 inch . Nonetheless great drums. Good luck with that snare drum...I have not yet to find a head combo that works great. Good, but not great.

I have ec2s but i was wondering how are those ambassadors on your kit, does it have as much resonation then the stock dw remo heads? Im thinking about trying coated heads.

I have ec2s but i was wondering how are those ambassadors on your kit, does it have as much resonation then the stock dw remo heads? Im thinking about trying coated heads.

I had G2 coated on my CX for quite some time and loved them. Easy to tune and very durable heads.

Drums 32,
This is Glenn Noyes from Guitar Center Management. I found out about your drums and wanted to come on and respond personally to you. We want to do whatever is necessary in getting your drums fixed or replaced and making you completely satisfied. It would be great if you could get me some close up photos of the separation. If this is not possible, then let me know which store you bought the drums from and I will contact the store manager and set up a time for you to bring them in for inspection. If there is indeed a problem with the separation, this would be a warranty issue and we will get you a replacement from Pacific. Please email me any pictures or further information directly to [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!

Drums 32,
This is Glenn Noyes from Guitar Center Management. I found out about your drums and wanted to come on and respond personally to you. We want to do whatever is necessary in getting your drums fixed or replaced and making you completely satisfied. It would be great if you could get me some close up photos of the separation. If this is not possible, then let me know which store you bought the drums from and I will contact the store manager and set up a time for you to bring them in for inspection. If there is indeed a problem with the separation, this would be a warranty issue and we will get you a replacement from Pacific. Please email me any pictures or further information directly to [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks!

Wow... That was just..... Beautiful

Nice kit bro! I have owned Pacifics (X7..check out the myspace in my sig) sorry to hear about the ply separation in your shell! I would indeed contact Drum Workshop as well as visiting Guitar center.. They (dw) need to be made aware of any and all qc/manufacturing problems. If you let them know about this, maybe it'll prevent another kit from leaving the factory with those types of defects. peace! great kit..enjoy 'em I would have personally left the dw heads on.

To be honest i don't think there's a huge amount of point in upgrading b8s to xs20s. You may as well just save up a bit extra and get aaxs or something. Other than that pretty good.

To be honest i don't think there's a huge amount of point in upgrading b8s to xs20s. You may as well just save up a bit extra and get aaxs or something. Other than that pretty good.

Yeah I agree with this statement 100%,

Also the response from drumeister is awesome and makes me feel much better about purchasing from guitarcenter. Good job, let us know how it turns out.

Gorgeous kit by the way, man I love the look on the PDP's

Back