AA Bash Ride?

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Does anybody own one of these? Or has anybody personally used one? I've done all the research I can, watching videos, and listening to sound clips, and it seems to be that 'holy grail' ride that I've been searching for. I want to try one out before I buy one, but the nearest store that would have one is in Chicago, and that's about three hours north of me. I'm going to start saving for a nicer ride, and I think this is the one. I just want to be absolutely sure.

I came across one of these in a drum shop a few weeks ago, and gave it a quick go. If I remember correctly it was a very crashy ride: very quick to open up to a crash but pretty warm when it did open up. I didn't expect to like it but it was very nice. Not a sound I'm looking for right now, but very nice nonetheless.

I am awaiting delivery of a 21" today. I plan on using it mainly as a crash and for wash riding. I played a few 24"s in stores and really liked them.I'm just not in the market for a ride,right now. Lots of demos online. They sound fairly accurate to me.

I came across one of these in a drum shop a few weeks ago, and gave it a quick go. If I remember correctly it was a very crashy ride: very quick to open up to a crash but pretty warm when it did open up. I didn't expect to like it but it was very nice. Not a sound I'm looking for right now, but very nice nonetheless.

That's exactly the sound I want. Something that is suitable as a ride, but really sounds great as a crash

I am awaiting delivery of a 21" today. I plan on using it mainly as a crash and for wash riding. I played a few 24"s in stores and really liked them.I'm just not in the market for a ride,right now. Lots of demos online. They sound fairly accurate to me.

I guess I"ll start saving up for one. Probably a 21"

That's exactly the sound I want. Something that is suitable as a ride, but really sounds great as a crash

Hmm, that sounds like the holy grail of rides that everyone's looking for!

I have to be fair and say that although it was a nice cymbal for washy riding, I didn't think it had much stick definition as an actual ride when played with the stick tip. That's a really hard balance to strike and the subject of MANY threads on this forum, lol.

Hmm, that sounds like the holy grail of rides that everyone's looking for!

I have to be fair and say that although it was a nice cymbal for washy riding, I didn't think it had much stick definition as an actual ride when played with the stick tip. That's a really hard balance to strike and the subject of MANY threads on this forum, lol.

I really like it as a ride. Kind of a dry sound. I don't like much 'ping' in my ride, and this thing doesn't have much. I was lucky enough to find it at a local music store. They're selling the 24" for $60 less than anybody else is selling it for. I may have to pick it up when I get some extra cash. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I hate to be a downer, and I am totally obsessed with sabian (as opposed to zildjian) but did anyone else notice the bash ride sounds exactly like zildjian's sweet ride?

I hate to be a downer, and I am totally obsessed with sabian (as opposed to zildjian) but did anyone else notice the bash ride sounds exactly like zildjian's sweet ride?

That's what they were going for. But as I didn't like the old Sweet Rides, I like the Bash Rides better, plus the raw bell would help the definition. I don't need one, but I think it's superior (haven't tried a new Sweet Ride yet though so not sure).

If got the 24 inch ,its Very very very nice ,and the bell is superb .im am locking and trying a long time to find a 24 with this sound and specs.
You can do everything with it ride,crash ,superb bell and it is in control .the playability is so nice.
And it don't over powered the rest of the cymbals,[yes it can if you want to] .But i am not a hard hitter ,its for me more a ride than a bash cymbal.
And i got 2002's crash cymbals and they are loud ,so i don't no how it will sound with other brands and types .

Last edited:
i havent played it in person, but it has sounded great on the demo's i've watched on youtube.

Ray luzier has a sabian sponsored video where he demonstrates all of his cymbals, and he takes a moment to demonstrate what he tries to pull out of that ride, tone wise. i believe his is a 24" and the videos sound quality is great. see if you can find it! Surely you'll enjoy it

Back