Pacific Northwest drummers' thread

alparrott

Diamond Member
Inspired partially by Larry's thread, and partially by the various Drummerworld meets that have happened over the past couple of years, I'm throwing this thread up there to catch the PNW drummers (the rainy upper left corner of your map - WA, OR, ID) and possibly serve as a start point for future gatherings. Seems like most of the big meets happen on the East Coast, LA, or London. We're never near any of those! So we'll just make our own at some point.

Please post a short bio, including your general location, playing situation, years on the kit, genre(s) you play, and whether you might be interested in a meetup activity.

I'll go first:
- Wenatchee, Washington (almost dead center of the state, actually quite desert-like)
- currently between bands, but fresh from a 3-week run doing a musical in the theater
- just shy of 30 years playing, mostly rock and prog rock, but a bit of blues, orchestral, indie, and Latin here and there
- Well, yeah.

It would be rad to do a PNW Drummerworld get-together! I'm in!

I'm from Portland, OR, been playing drums for 17 years, currently playing music professionally, play all kinds of genres and in all kinds of situations.

I think the ideal place to meet in the PNW would be at Revival Drum Shop in Portland. Why? Because it's a major drummers' destination (or, SHOULD be, anyways...), and the guys there would probably totally gig an event like that. Oh yeah, and it's not as far out of the way as Seattle for Idaho and northern California folks...

I'm am currently traveling, but I hail from northern Idaho. I'd definitely be interested in getting together, when I get back to the area. Here is my bio-

- Location, Coeur d'Alene, ID, but I'm looking at relocating. Western WA and OR are on my map, so I'd really like the chance to meet some people from those areas.
- 40 years playing experience. I've played many genres - rock, rockabilly, country, blues, musical theater, a bit of big-band jazz, marching snare, and hand drums for belly dance troupes.
- I'm also between bands at the moment, while I work on relocation.

I expect to be back in the western part of the country within a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to hearing about any get-togethers!

Sounds like a blast, count me in.

-I'm in Seattle proper
-been playing 33 years
-mostly original rock stuff
-currently in a new start-up band with a couple really good guitar players/songwriters. Got a new set together but no bass player or singer just yet, though one of guitar players was our bass player, so he can probably switch it up ... and singers - who cares! haha (not really). But we're about to start booking shows anyway cos it sounds good enough to us.

I need to get one of these going for the AZ drummers. While you types are meeting up over pad thai and ironic craft brews and the English are politely discussing drumming over mushy peas and warm lagers we can get together and have some Mexican beers and carne asada.

Inspired partially by Larry's thread, and partially by the various Drummerworld meets that have happened over the past couple of years, I'm throwing this thread up there to catch the PNW drummers (the rainy upper left corner of your map - WA, OR, ID) and possibly serve as a start point for future gatherings. Seems like most of the big meets happen on the East Coast, LA, or London. We're never near any of those! So we'll just make our own at some point.

Please post a short bio, including your general location, playing situation, years on the kit, genre(s) you play, and whether you might be interested in a meetup activity.

I'll go first:
- Wenatchee, Washington (almost dead center of the state, actually quite desert-like)
- currently between bands, but fresh from a 3-week run doing a musical in the theater
- just shy of 30 years playing, mostly rock and prog rock, but a bit of blues, orchestral, indie, and Latin here and there
- Well, yeah.

There's a chance that I may be relocating up to Seattle... I'll keep you guys posted!

Those of us in the middle of Cal are rolling our eyes at both the upper and lower portions of the state. It's tough being better than everyone else.

LMAO... Open space. What's that like? Because I'm used to my neighbor borrowing my toaster without so much as leaving his house!

That's okay, just report them to INS and problem gets solved for you!

I need to get one of these going for the AZ drummers. While you types are meeting up over pad thai and ironic craft brews and the English are politely discussing drumming over mushy peas and warm lagers we can get together and have some Mexican beers and carne asada.

Then start up a SW thread, this one's for us rained-in folk with our pad thai and ironic craft brews! (j/k)

There's a chance that I may be relocating up to Seattle... I'll keep you guys posted!

That would be EPIC man.

Whats wrong with Nor Cal folks? I grew up there and cant wait to get back.

Nothing... NorCal straddles being California with being PNW quite well. But we'll letcha hang with us (grin)

I used to do the Central California circuit (Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Jose) for a while before I moved back up here.

I'm in the Portland area. I play around 2-4 times per week on average (mostly blues, R&B or jazz), and have been playing drums over 25 years. I'm originally from Eureka (in Northern California), but moved up to Portland 18 years ago. I'd be interested in a meet up.

Ed

how about north of the border?

Enderby British Columbia
currently between bands
Metal. I appreciate all styles, but branching out always leads me straight back to metal.
Don't think I could make it to a meetup though.

Anyone know Rick Bowen, or Carl Martin? I was sure they would have both chimed in here, then again, I don't know if either of them are DW members.

how about north of the border?

Enderby British Columbia
currently between bands
Metal. I appreciate all styles, but branching out always leads me straight back to metal.
Don't think I could make it to a meetup though.

If you can make it through customs, you're welcome to join in whenever we decide what it is we're doing!

Back