Critique My Drumming Please

First of all: that is the most bugly shaped guitar I've ever seen.

About your drumming: it's tight, it supports the song, you keep it simple enough, no overdone fills or anything. You do exactly what a good drummer should do, so keep that up!
You seem a bit uptight though, your arms are very far out and it seems you're not moving as relaxed as you could be. If I'm wrong just forget what I said; if I'm right: try to relax :-D

try to hit the hi-hat on the edge, will make the song more cunchy, and sounds more rocky.
- That was for the first song. You pretty much need to relax, as said.

Maybe you need to use those cymbals a little more, when shifting between the lines in the verses. Dunno if it'll make it better, but it's worth trying. Also, try to make some complicated fills when going to the chorus.

- that mostly for the second link. but can aswell be used in the first

Now, overall critique: Well it's very good, but i think steady songs is the best, you cna make some great fills, and it's just more comfy (dont know what you band will say to that tho...) - I kinda Like the songs tho. they do seem a bit alike even.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely gonna try to incorporate the Hi-Hat thing, and I'm also gonna work on looking less stiff.

Yeah, just loosen up and relax, it looks like you are thinking too much about something. Look around at your band mates quite often, it gets more on-stage chemistry going. You're keeping the beat well and not overplaying - that's good. You're in the right direction, man. Post another video in a month or so showing your progression.

Back