I Need an Opinion about my Drumset's value

indiadrummer

Ok, so I'm not sure where this goes but I assumed it would be here. My drumset is a Tama Starclassic Maple in the aqua blue fade, and apparently it is a custom kit. The rims are all gold, and there are two virgin bass drums (I believe they are 20 inches and 24 inches). The toms sizes are 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch, 14 inch, and 16 inch. I don't know the snare dimensions but it's on the small side. The drumset is in exceptional condition besides a few knicks on the finishes and the wood hoops. I just wanna know the value of the drums. Here are some pictures (ignore the trash cymbals they have mostly been replaced, as these pictures are somewhat old).

[img=http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3030/dsc0307editedhe3.th.jpg]
[img=http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7012/dsc0308editedij9.th.jpg]

I guess they're worth $2K then.

haha id give you 3.5k with the rack. Nice set btw

Haha, sorry ironcobra it's not for sale :) However, if it's really worth 3 grand I got a good deal. The kit was offered to me for 2K and the rack was free. But thanks for the comment.

"Finally got some decent pictures of my kit. Original price is 5K, I picked it up for 1300$.
8', 10', 12', 14' and 16' toms
20' and 24' bass drums, (I don't know the snare specs, sorry)
Sabian AAX metal ride, Sabian crash (unknown type, please identify for me :)
12' Meinl Generation X Filter China
10' Sabian B8 Pro Splash
finally, (unfortunately) Solar Hi-hats."

I don't mean to sound mean or like a jerk or anything... but, did you bargain the price down from 2k to 1300? Or did you turn down an offer of 2k and demand a free rack all for 1300? If you did look them in the eye, demand a lower price and free rack, man that is awesome!
You have an amazing kit and I remember seeing that myself at guitar center. I was thinking about getting it but, actually i don't remember why i didn't get it... maybe it was fate so you could buy an awesome kit. :)
Again, awesome kit and enjoy playing it.

Really depends if the Gold is Gold painted or the sprayed rubbish........My Pearl Masterworks is 24k Gold Plated so looks awesome several years down the track.......My Mapex Black Panther which is sprayed Gold looks awful.........not sure what that is with the Starclassic, looks nice though

"Finally got some decent pictures of my kit. Original price is 5K, I picked it up for 1300$.
8', 10', 12', 14' and 16' toms
20' and 24' bass drums, (I don't know the snare specs, sorry)
Sabian AAX metal ride, Sabian crash (unknown type, please identify for me :)
12' Meinl Generation X Filter China
10' Sabian B8 Pro Splash
finally, (unfortunately) Solar Hi-hats."

I don't mean to sound mean or like a jerk or anything... but, did you bargain the price down from 2k to 1300? Or did you turn down an offer of 2k and demand a free rack all for 1300? If you did look them in the eye, demand a lower price and free rack, man that is awesome!
You have an amazing kit and I remember seeing that myself at guitar center. I was thinking about getting it but, actually i don't remember why i didn't get it... maybe it was fate so you could buy an awesome kit. :)
Again, awesome kit and enjoy playing it.

haha, it was funny actually. My drum teacher knew a man who worked at Guitar Center. After going there, my dad did a little bargaining, and dropped down the original 3k down to 2k. I then pointed out that there was no hardware included, like snare stands, etc. That would have been an extra 300 or so, and the guy never told me about the missing hardware when I talked with him over the phone. He then gave all the hardware, including the rack free, a total value of probably around 500$. The other 700$ got knocked off because it was just my birthday, and I had received about 500$. The man at guitar center knocked off 200$ finally because I had just turned 14 :). The kit had been on the shelf a long time, and he needed to sell it quick.

I'm trying to lock down a value to a drum set.
It's a 1988 Ludwig Rock Kit, Chrome in color.
It's a 9 piece (drums only)
Still in mint condition. Never used outside, kept in a church
for the last 23 years.
I appreciate any help..
Thanks again.

" The rims are all gold!" hell, gold is $1200. an ounce, melt them rims down, and you'll have twice what you paid for the drums!

Back