My tiny...tiny kit.

Cacaphony

I play with a group of acoustic musicians and a spoken word artist. We play sort poppy indie/folk, and this is all I use.

12" Gretsch Catalina Snare
16" Floor tom/kick
12" Saluda Earthwork Hi-hats
20" Saluda Earthworks Ride

Is it odd that I am fulfilled playing such a tiny set up? I agree, a 16" kick does leave a bit to be desired, as I used to play with a 22", but I'm having fun.

I'm shopping around for little accessories. I'm thinking maybe a xylophone.

thats not a bad starting set man, love the saluda cymbals =).

We all have to start somewhere. and if your having fun playing on it, it doesn't matter, you don't need a million toms, a million cymbals and 2-3 basses to be a good drummer. (its just nice to have =P)

Thanks! He was incorrect in assuming that it was a starting kit, I just enjoy having everything scaled down.

Very nice sir.

I love keeping things simple too. Depending on the setting its being used in it can challenge creativity and help one to feel a bit more free.

I love playing with this kind of set-up. It really makes you focus on independence and being musical. In fact, I'm in a Hard Bop Lab thing right now. It's kind of like a session but with a "coach" or "mentor" present. He suggested that next time the drummers should just use a ride, hi-hats and a snare. That's all. Sounds like a good time to me.

I love playing with this kind of set-up. It really makes you focus on independence and being musical. In fact, I'm in a Hard Bop Lab thing right now. It's kind of like a session but with a "coach" or "mentor" present. He suggested that next time the drummers should just use a ride, hi-hats and a snare. That's all. Sounds like a good time to me.

Totally. I love playing with just a ride and my snare, be it with sticks, brushes or my broomsticks.

Back