Gadd ... playing Evans?

wsabol

Gold Member
Evans????

.... anyone? Beuller?

Mrs. Gadd just posted some pictures of Gadd, his kit, and his band. Any idea whats going on here? Its probably nothing, just an isolated incident... but it sure is intriguing!.. thoughts?

Attachments

• 1522240_567414893335577_496749781_n.jpg
    1522240_567414893335577_496749781_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 774
I am more curious about that Tom that has tape on the head instead of moon gel like the others.

I am more curious about that Tom that has tape on the head instead of moon gel like the others.

you and me both MrPockets!

did you notice the black ring around the head on the snare?

wondering also why they aren't 360 heads either?

lol. It almost looks like that tom has moon gel and duct tape because you can see a raised rectangular portion where a moongel would be. Maybe its just an old moongel that's not sticking...

lol. It almost looks like that tom has moon gel and duct tape because you can see a raised rectangular portion where a moongel would be. Maybe its just an old moongel that's not sticking...

Looking with my eyes, it looks like paper towel under the tape, you can see a bit covering the Evans logo. It makes sense, because knowing that 4 Moongels come in a pack, and seeing what looks like two on the 16" floor, that leaves him one short.

Can't make out what model the cymbal on the right is.

He's probably not able to get the sound he wants from whatever he was using? Why else? Maybe they are paying him? Who really cares what the brand is?

Can't we all just be happy someone stopped using Remo? :)

(Sorry...bad experience with their products and customer service speaking...)

I don't really get why this is important enough to make a topic about.

Everyone gets so worked up over big name drummers playing brands that they're supposedly not endorsed by, then drama occurs, turns out he's changed brands, everyone either cheers or cries, and then life goes on again apart from the mental anguish impacted upon the fanboys who wanted them to stay with the older brand.

Seriously, why is this important? There are so many spectacular drummers out there who play an infinite combination of all the different high end brands, and sometimes they're going to change. It's not newsworthy.

Besides, professional musicians are only there as catalysts for the brands to sell more of their stuff to fans of professional musicians :p

Everyone gets so worked up over big name drummers playing brands that they're supposedly not endorsed by, then drama occurs, turns out he's changed brands, everyone either cheers or cries, and then life goes on again apart from the mental anguish impacted upon the fanboys who wanted them to stay with the older brand.

Seriously, why is this important? There are so many spectacular drummers out there who play an infinite combination of all the different high end brands, and sometimes they're going to change. It's not newsworthy.

Besides, professional musicians are only there as catalysts for the brands to sell more of their stuff to fans of professional musicians :p

Amen! I've never understood this and why some, not all, get worked up over it

I bet you could buy a cheap beat up CB kit from Craigslist put those heads on there, tune it up and Steve would still sound like himself. It has very little to do with the heads.

Because there are two words in the term "music business"

One word is "music" and the other is "business".

Endorsements are part of the "business" aspect.

And discussing the "business" is relevant to a drum forum.

And speaking for myself, as a drummer with a business degree who has been in, out, and around drum product sales much of my life, I find all these discussions both relevant and interesting.

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are.

My view is shaped by the way people get so brand loyal when it comes to equipment, as though DW/Pearl/Tama/Whoever are the One True Brand, and all of a sudden when someone changes it's like "ohmygoodnesshewon'tbethesameanymorewhatdoesthismeanilovedhimthat'swhyiplaythisbrand".

So yes, you have a professional interest and that is fine. But until I see a discussion like this that doesn't turn into people stressing about the brand he plays, it's all the same to me :)

Back