My Superstars! (New in the forum)

Miguero

Hello Drummers! I'm new in this forum and thought that the best way to intruduce myself would be showing my gear. I'm from São Paulo - Brazil; I'm 22 yrs old and drums are my life. Here's my baby:
Tama Superstar EFX Vintage Nickel Sparkle
(Diam.xDep.)
10x8
12x9
14x11
22x18
14x5,5
Tom heads - Remo Coated CS on batter, stock reso heads
Bass heads - Emperor Clear Bass on batter, stock reso
Snare heads - Remo Vintage A Coated on batter, Remo Ambassador Snare on reso

Cymbals:
HiHat 13" Zildjian K/Z (inverted; K on the bottom and the Z on top)
Crash 16" Zildjian Constantinople
Thin Crash 15" Zildjian Avedis
Flat Top Ride 20" Avedis Zildjian (with inverted 7"Sabian Stage Ice Bell on top)
Thin China 18" Paiste 2002
(Wanting to change the 15" crash and the ride for some Istambuls...)

(This is the first configuration I used after I got it, now I use both toms on the bass-drum in the regular way and the China is not shown):

(This is a litlle gig kit that I used with a 16" vintage Ludwig floor tom as bass drum):

I also have an 8 piece Roland TD-6 kit and one day I decided to incorporate all my gear into one big-ass hybrid kit, just for the hell of it... I took me about three hours but it was worth it, I put together a really cool kit...lots of different sounds and really fun to play around with.. Here it is:

That's it! Still a long way and lots of changes/upgrades to get to the perfect kit for me but the thrill of the chase is half the fun..

Nice looking bunch of gear. Love the sparkle finish.
Cymbal collection is great also. Welcome to the forum.
And to answer your question, the few fish I have talked to
here in Florida, do not get thirsty.

With that Ice Bell on top of your ride cymbal, you ain't messing around when you go to "pinging" a bell. Love the versatility of your thinking. Especially shows in your hybrid kit.

Great setup. What type of music do you play? Really wide range of sounds with your cymbals.

With that Ice Bell on top of your ride cymbal, you ain't messing around when you go to "pinging" a bell. Love the versatility of your thinking. Especially shows in your hybrid kit.

Thanks a lot! This Ice Bell is perfect for playing funk and latin grooves with that great "ping", I always loved a great bell sound and that solved the problem with my flat ride...

Great setup. What type of music do you play? Really wide range of sounds with your cymbals.

Right now I've been playing mostly Jazz, Jazz/Funk, Fusion and Funk so I'm using various different setups for my kit and I'm also after a 18" floor tom (it's been very hard to find) to use as a bass drum in the bebop gigs I do.
But I also like playing Rock a lot..
Thanks for the comment!

Back