Ever try to do s stick flip and have it hit you in the eye?

Last week I was playing a gig and my right stick came back too far and it struck in a downward fashion right onto my left top eyelid and dinged my eyeball.

I really thought I had damaged it but finished the set and went and looked. It was OK!

Last week I was playing a gig and my right stick came back too far and it struck in a downward fashion right onto my left top eyelid and dinged my eyeball.

I really thought I had damaged it but finished the set and went and looked. It was OK!

Probably felt like someone shot you in the eye with a champagne cork right? Did you see a white flash? Lol I love physical comedy!

Hit me in the eye, no. Get tangled in my hair and either come out of my hand or rip out hair, yes.

Long hair, head banging, and flailing sticks don't mix.

Sometimes I just hit myself in the face with a stick. I don't know how.

Actually, the other night in Switzerland I managed to cut my thumb on the bottom hoop of my snare drum...that was weird. So now someone out there has a stick covered in my blood. Talk about added value.

Just reading these posts makes my eyes water. I HATE things in my eyes. I get an eyelash on my eyeball and you'd think I was shot. LOL

That WOULD NOT be fun!

No. Why do you ask?

Last edited:
Back