Acrylic snares???? gen me up

alex19

im in the market for a new snare. ive been looking at acrylic snares as they are a bit different. does anyone have any experience with them, in terms of sound? they any good or shite?

if they are ok I might travel and try some out

I have had several in the past and right now I own two. I love the sound from acrylic snares. One is a Crush 7 x 14 with die cast hoops and the other one is a Pacific 7 x 14. More woody sounding than metal but just different. They also seem louder to me as well, just a unique sound,

well Zarrdoss, a very helpful post mate. im going to see whats on offer and go try some out. might end up building my own. I was actually looking at a crush fully acrylic kit a few days ago. looked lovely.

well Zarrdoss, a very helpful post mate. im going to see whats on offer and go try some out. might end up building my own. I was actually looking at a crush fully acrylic kit a few days ago. looked lovely.

If I had it all to do over again I would have got the Crush acrylic kit because adding pieces is easy, I cannot find anything that matches my Tama finish. Yeah if you make one let us know how it turns out.

If you havent seen it already Id say check out the Pork Pie 13x7 Amber Acrylic snare.
I love that size snare nice crack but still with body and punch tons of them on guitarcenter.com

If you havent seen it already Id say check out the Pork Pie 13x7 Amber Acrylic snare.
I love that size snare nice crack but still with body and punch tons of them on guitarcenter.com

Our big drum shop here in Chicago is Vic's. They have two Crush acrylic kits. But no snares. The guy said they have been waiting for six months for them.

I use the Crush 14" acrylic. I love the drum. Here is some video of it in a live context. This is when I just got it and was still dialing in the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWNsC-572kQ

The only problem is I recently noticed a bunch of cracks between the bottom and top lugs! Argghhh. Probably used this drum less than 10 times live. Going to contact Crush- I think they put the top and bottom lugs too close together.

I use the Crush 14" acrylic. I love the drum. Here is some video of it in a live context. This is when I just got it and was still dialing in the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWNsC-572kQ

The only problem is I recently noticed a bunch of cracks between the bottom and top lugs! Argghhh. Probably used this drum less than 10 times live. Going to contact Crush- I think they put the top and bottom lugs too close together.

They still do "Art-o-matic" in DC, huh? ;)

Back