New Crush Drum kit

gene6029

I'm a newbie to drums and have wanted to learn since child hood. Something allways seemed to get in the way. Well at age 57, my wife bought me a Crush Eminent birch kit with Paiste accessories as an early birthday/Christmas gift! My drum instructor came to the house to set up the kit and get me started on lessons. Its really a dream come true for me. This is my first post here and I am totally consumed with drumming. Hope my picture of me & the kit post..Gene

Attachments

• 100_1563.JPG
    100_1563.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 691
Nice looking kit, ive always heard positive things about crush drums ( I secretly want an acrylic set). I like the new Paiste Pst7 line too. Its never too late!!

Very nice kit Gene, really!

It is never too late to live your passions! For the rest … well, I guess that as most of us you'll experience a lot of joy as well as a lot of disappointments! Some day you'll find your drums sound awesome and the following day you will be ready to burn everything! Some day you'll feel Billy Cobham is an amateur and the following day you will ask yourself why you are insisting with all that …

But hey, that's drumming, and there is nothing like that! Wish you all the best!

What a beautiful looking kit! Enjoy it good sir! Welcome to the forum. You will learn a ton of stuff here. Stick around!

But you can't start playing drums now, you waited too long!

JK Gene. Nice to have you aboard. I just can't describe the amount of pleasure I get from playing drums. I suspect the genie is out of the bottle in your household about now. Your wife must want you to get out of her hair, because you will be consumed lol. It's just something that will always be bigger than you, and you can never beat it. Constant challenge. My regards and sympathies to your family lol.

WOW ! You are a lucky dude. Great kit, great wife !
This is perfect. A new drum kit and an instructor comes over to help set it up and give you your first lesson.

Everyone should do it this way.
(But wait, no. If that happened, half of the threads on this forum would go away.)

Your wife must want you to get out of her hair, because you will be consumed lol.

With the drums (beautiful kit, by the way!!) in the dinning room, he'll never be out of her hair as the wondrous sounds permeate the whole house.

Ba-dum-tsh.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. And yes I do have a wonderfull wife that supports my dream of learning to play the drums. I'll be married to her 37 yrs this week!! Sometimes I cant believe she has put up with me that long:) Anyway, i'm looking foreward to learning a lot here on Drummerworld....Gene

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. And yes I do have a wonderfull wife that supports my dream of learning to play the drums. I'll be married to her 37 yrs this week!! Sometimes I cant believe she has put up with me that long:) Anyway, i'm looking foreward to learning a lot here on Drummerworld....Gene
Don't believe everything you read here Gene, but believe more than on any other forum. This is the biggest & best drum forum on the planet. Everyone here from beginners to top line professionals. Some real "characters" too ;)

That's excellent. Give your wife a hug for me. Nice kit, nice wife, what else could a guy ask for? lol. I'm happy for you, I smiled real big when I read your post. I've played many many years, and have enjoyed it tremendously. A lot of the time I've not been in a band. Just me and my drums, jamming and playing along with recordings of bands that I like. Take you time and enjoy making music. Congratulations.

Awesome post, Gene, and great-looking drums. Welcome to the forum--it is a great resource. Enjoy the new kit!

Welcome to the forum young 'un! Drumming is a joy that you'll never stop feeling. You've just jumped into a wide. deep pool that'll give you years of enjoyment and agony. You might want to pick some batting gloves. They've helped me tremendously with blisters when I go nuts and play way too much. Does your wife have an unmarried sister? They sure as h-ll don't make them like her anymore8^). Congrats and it's great to have you around.

Welcome!

If you dont already have it, get a decent set of headphones, a dedicated headphone amp and loads of drumless mp3 files with songs of your choice.

Its fun to practice drums, but sometimes we just need to bash along along to our favourite songs!

thx

jorn

That's excellent!
I've played drum for one year, and owned a drum set for one month only.
I'm the oldest students of my instructor.
Sometimes I'm thinking if it's too late to do this.
But your story really encourage me.
Thank you !

Never too late! Good luck and big props to your wife! And Happy Anniversary. There are a ton of really helpful people on here, including professionals that take the time to help newbies.

Back