Ricky Lawson

markiet1966

Just heard that Ricky Lawson is unwell, seems like he had some sort of a stroke or seizure over the weekend. Get well soon Ricky.

Mark

Agreed Toni, lovely guy and amazing player. Saw him playing with Steely Dan years ago. Let's hope he recovers completely.

Mark

I saw that Mr C, it was the Detroit Free Press that announced it, then apologised for the premature announcement.

Mark

Send some prayers and good vibes to Ricky Lawson. He's an amazing musician and a great man. Met him a LONG time ago with my guru Robert Lynn Berg, along with Terry Bozzio in Hinsdale, IL. He was very affable and played his ass off. I spoke to him for a while and he was incredibly encouraging and took the time to show me some stuff. Godspeed, Ricky.

Peace, MT

Just read the following, after the Detroit Free Press misreporting last time I'm not sure what to think, but it does fit with what has been previously reported.

http://www.radiofacts.com/drummer-ricky-lawson-dies-family-removes-life-support/

Yes, looks like several media outlets have confirmed that Ricky was removed from life support and passed away Monday evening. Detroit has produced many great musicians and he was definitely one of them. My condolences to his family and friends.

Back