8" AAX Splash
16" Sabian AA-Metal X Crash
20" Meinl Mb10 Bell Blast Ride
20" Wuhan China with Rivets
16" Wuhan China

Heads:

Snare Batter-Evans ST Dry
Snare Resonant-Evans Hazy 300
(Puresound Custom Pro Brass Snare Wires)

Tom Batters-Evans G2
Tom Resonants- Aquarian Hi-Frequency

Bass Batter-Remo Powerstroke Black Suede (with Falam Slam Patch)
Bass Reso-Remo Custom Diamond Plate Graphic Bass Drum Head

Sticks: Vic Firth 5AN

Pedal: Pearl P121TW Double Bass Pedal

Last edited:
Very nice, I have the same throne but it dosent go low enough. What are those AAX HHs like? and what sort of weight are they?
Im having big problems trying to find the right HHs.....currently have Zildjian Quick beats but cant get used to them.

Very nice, I have the same throne but it dosent go low enough.

I had the same problem. I removed the metal colar that clamps around the base and seat post. That allows me to get the throne another inch or so lower which is the perfect height.
The seat spins more freely but I have never had a problem with that while playing.

I had the same problem. I removed the metal colar that clamps around the base and seat post. That allows me to get the throne another inch or so lower which is the perfect height.
The seat spins more freely but I have never had a problem with that while playing.

Awesome, I will try that. It seem a pity that I cant use it. Thanks.

beauty rock kit! thats a real sweet red, how do you like that Bell Blast Ride?

I sure do love me some clean looking ludwigs

Very nice, I have the same throne but it dosent go low enough. What are those AAX HHs like? and what sort of weight are they?
Im having big problems trying to find the right HHs.....currently have Zildjian Quick beats but cant get used to them.

The hats are very nice. I was actually having a lot of trouble finding the right ones as well, until I came across those at my local music store. So i tried them out and pretty much fell in love.

They are pretty heavy, but yet they are not too loud. They are great for rock and metal but they also sound very good in the jazz stuff that i play. The only drawback to them is that they are very pricey. ($300)

beauty rock kit! thats a real sweet red, how do you like that Bell Blast Ride?

Thanks! =)

And as for the ride, i love it. It's obviously the best for rock and metal (which is mostly what i use it for), but it has a great bow sound for jazz. The only problem i had with it was some weird overtones coming from the bow, and when you lightly crash it. That was fixed with some strategically placed tape, and now it sounds amazing.

Now im not sure what kind of music you play, but the bell is the best ive heard on a ride. There are other good rides that meinl makes that have nice bells, but most of them are obnoxious and kinda take away from the overall sound of the cymbal.

I definitely recommend the Bell Blast Ride to anyone.

Back