RMV Custom n' Orion Cymbals

Diego Costa

Hello friends. Sorry, I do not speak English, but I'll answer the doubt whenever possible.

This is my drumkit:

RMV Exclusive Custom (hand made by Daniel Giardina), and Orion Cymbals

Tom Toms : 7x8", 8x10", 9x12" and 11x14"
Floor Tom: 16x16"
Double Bass Drums: 18x20"

Additional:

Snare Drum: RMV Road 5.5x14" (primary)
Snare Drum: Michael 5.5x14" (secondary)

Other Details

Woods (except snare drum): Bapeva Shell, 1 external ply Copaíba (all brazillian woods)
Finishing: brilliant pearlescent blue lacquer (by Daniel Giardina)
Shell Hardware: Chrome
Hoops: 2,3 mm RMV Sturdy Hoop
Suspension System: RMV Traditional Rim
Drum Heads: RMV

General Hardware (miscellaneous):
RMV, Tama, Mapex and Michael

General Cymbals:

Orion Viziuss Hi Hat14"
Orion Viziuss Splash 10"
Orion Viziuss Medium Crash 16"
Orion Viziuss Medium Crash 18"
Orion Viziuss Ride 20"
Orion SoloPro Hi Hat 14"
Orion SoloPro Splash 10"
Orion SoloPro Power Crash 16"
Orion SoloPro Power Ride 20"
China Home Made by me 14"
China Home Made by me 16"

dsc00254dp.jpg

dsc00142sf.jpg

dsc00159pw.jpg

dsc00160cj.jpg

dsc00167ky.jpg

dsc00174g.jpg

2002102145.jpg

2002102144.jpg

2002102142.jpg

1002102254.jpg

1002102251vai.jpg

1103101953.jpg

1103101957.jpg

imag060.jpg

imag059.jpg

Thanks for all. Hugs.

Last edited:
hi!! congrats , what a nice set , that finish is very classy . I love the tone of rmv drums,.

I'm from argentina and I want to buy a rmv drum set , but the only problem is that I can't find a 24" bass drum , do you know if 24"BD are avaliable in brazil?

Wow! Those are beautiful drums. That finish is stunning. I bet they sound just as good as they look. How does Bapeva sound compared to say Birch or Maple?

Your hi-hat stand is killer looking too. I have never seen one like that. Who makes it?

Hello ToTheFullest. Thanks for comments

Only exemplifying: Bapeva is between Birch and Maple.

Harmonics controlled and equalized, focused and good attack (similar to Birch), presence of low frequencies, good volume (similar to Maple). These similarities are just examples, the sound of low frequencies of bapeva is minor than the Maple.

About hihat, is the Viziuss series, manufactured by Orion Cymbals (Brazilian industry). Orion Cymbals has discontinued the distribution the Viziuss series in Brazil. Currently, is a serie manufactured for export only. Do not know if there is a distribution in your country, but I believe it is possible to order.

To learn more about the industry, and other cymbals that it produces, consult on website Orion Cymbals: http://www.orioncymbals.com.br

Thanks, friend.

Edit:

Sorry . Fail on the translator site.

The industry wich produce HiHat stand is the RMV. The stand in the picture is the SpeedTech model.

http://www.rmv.com.br/

Last edited:
Really nice kit. Love that rich blue with the wood grain showing thru. Very classy! Also, welcome to Drummerworld.

Nice looking kit. I've not really wanted to get any orion cymbals since i busted my hihat top, although to be honest that was probably more my own drumming than the actual cymbal itself lolz. Plus £50 for a pair of hihats is not exactly breaking the bank lolz.

Back