Do you wear the drum brand?

How’s this for dichotomy: I won’t have logo heads on my kits worth thousands of dollars, but I’m happy to wear drum logo t-shirts to strategic places where I want to be identified as a drummer in the crowd.

that to me is extremely corny

but thats just one mans opinion

and this is coming from someone who always hated any logo shirts..... including drum brands, clothing brands, and t shirts with bands names on them ..

just never liked it

If I was going to do the logo head, I would buy a real logo head. I think the decals are cheesy, you can tell they were slapped on. Sorry JMO.
Really? I think this looks world-class, as if a highly trained professional had done it :D ... it's actually ink on the head - one of those stick it on there and press hard for a couple minutes, then peel off the back jobs.

I forgot to put the Remo logo at the bottom tho ... now it looks all NASCAR.

Attachments

• tama.jpg
    tama.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 878
You know, I love tama
I love yamaha
I love zildjian
I love sabian
I love meinl
I can find something I really like with every brand, I don't care which brand it is if like it. I like some stuff from almost everyone. (exception for percussion plus, first act, sound percussion)

I don't have any negative feelings toward my, or any other, brand of kit, but I don't keep the logo reso. I just...don't. I wouldn't say that "I would never", though.

I, like a few others have commented, am not a fan of shirts with logos, pics etc...Now, if it was a special drumming shirt that improved my timing and groove (Like the drumming shoes do!), I would wear it.

This logo is a two part that is more of a transfer than a decal. There is nothing on the head but the writing and no decal beyond the writing. Not cheesy I dont think.

Attachments

• IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 870
This logo is a two part that is more of a transfer than a decal. There is nothing on the head but the writing and no decal beyond the writing. Not cheesy I dont think.

Nice job Grunt! I do the same and doubt anybody could tell mine was a decal.
Is it me or are Gretsch users the most likely to use the logo on their bass head?

That looks great! Very nice look with the Fibreskin (or whatever it is) head. (Now about that Kickport logo...)

I use the front head that comes with the kick until I swap it out. Until that swap, I guess there's a Tama logo on it. Obviously, I don't care either way. Just like "which way does my badge face" I just don't care.

I hate being a billboard for anything. I don't care if it's a music product or anything else.

Gretsch is on my front bass drum head because it's how it came. If those heads were to be replaced, nothing would be there.

I once thought about charging an advertising fee to help the band earn some xtra money.

I place your buisness name on my drum head and at the end of the set, the singer says a few good words about you, like.... be sure to stop by joe's cafe in the morning for the best breakfast in town! Before the start of the next set, a new name gets posted etc.

If it brings in an xtra $100.00 a nite, thats better than flying the Brand name for free.

I once thought about charging an advertising fee to help the band earn some xtra money.

I place your buisness name on my drum head and at the end of the set,

If it brings in an xtra $100.00 a nite, thats better than flying the Brand name for free.

Ok, but have you seen your user name? :)

If you can't tell it's a decal, then I don't think it's cheesy, sorry. I put one on once and it looked like crap lol.

Love that Superstar kit,Mike.
Yeah? Then put your money where your mouth is - that's a pic from my Craigslist ad! Ha ha!

Seriously, it is a really cool kit, but I can't afford to have two and in order to keep this one and be happy, I'd have to spend $200 to cut new bearing edges on it. These are stock edges and are in good shape, but I don't care for the roundovers too much. Especially not on shells this thick.

Very pretty to look at, though. Most aesthetically pleasing kits ever produced IMHO. I thought about cutting the edges on this and keeping it, but selling my ugly beat up Keller kit (which sounds amazing) probably won't fetch me much.

Back