Can anyone tell me...

I don't know what it is he's playing, but a way I figure out tyese things is to slow the video down. There's an option to in youtube (where the video quality thingy is). I had to change some settings to make it available - a quick google search ("how to slow down YT videos" or something) will tell you.

Itst helped me a lot.

I don't know what it is he's playing, but a way I figure out tyese things is to slow the video down. There's an option to in youtube (where the video quality thingy is). I had to change some settings to make it available - a quick google search ("how to slow down YT videos" or something) will tell you.

Itst helped me a lot.

Ok thanks Ill try that out!

...what the sticking is, between the hands and the feet, during this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikzxYFFam4 for the drum beat in the very beginning?

I get the gist of it but then when he starts throwing in the tom doubles and stuff, I get lost, haha.

Thanks,
Dan
Sweet taste man, I love finding post's about music I dig haha Intervals is awesome.
Anup always follows a similar ghost note pattern when he moves his left hand to the floor tom. So I mean, if you get the gist then you're good, because he plays the same rhythm just on the tom.
Here's some form of a tab. Notice that on the first measure he starts the triplet on the and of four. He does a lot of off rhythm stuff, making this hard to translate, but I gave you the rough first 5 measures:
1---------------------2-----------------3 --------------------4--------------------5-------------------
R----R----R----R----R---R---R-----R--R----R----R----R----R----R----R----R---R-----R-----R-----R
-----------L--------l l---------L-------l l-----------L---------------------L------l l---l l-----l l--L------
K---------kkkk---k--k---k----k-----k---kkkk-----k----kk---k-----k-k-k-----k----------k-----k-----

Also I snagged this off the comments, it's Sastry's transcription of the jazz section that follows the intro ( I assume you're trying to learn the whole song). Also note that he said he improvised in this video as well as live.
R-L-R-Lr-R-L-R-L-L-R-L-R L-R-R-L-R-L-L-R-L-L-R-L-Lr (the lower case r being a flam with the right hand)

Last edited:
Sweet taste man, I love finding post's about music I dig haha Intervals is awesome.
Anup always follows a similar ghost note pattern when he moves his left hand to the floor tom. So I mean, if you get the gist then you're good, because he plays the same rhythm just on the tom.
Here's some form of a tab. Notice that on the first measure he starts the triplet on the and of four. He does a lot of off rhythm stuff, making this hard to translate, but I gave you the rough first 5 measures:
1---------------------2-----------------3 --------------------4--------------------5-------------------
R----R----R----R----R---R---R-----R--R----R----R----R----R----R----R----R---R-----R-----R-----R
-----------L--------l l---------L-------l l-----------L---------------------L------l l---l l-----l l--L------
K---------kkkk---k--k---k----k-----k---kkkk-----k----kk---k-----k-k-k-----k----------k-----k-----

Also I snagged this off the comments, it's Sastry's transcription of the jazz section that follows the intro ( I assume you're trying to learn the whole song). Also note that he said he improvised in this video as well as live.
R-L-R-Lr-R-L-R-L-L-R-L-R L-R-R-L-R-L-L-R-L-L-R-L-Lr (the lower case r being a flam with the right hand)

Thanks so much dude! Your are awesome!

And yeah man, intervals are awesome! Some them live not too long ago and actually had a lesson with Anup before the show. He's such a cool guy, and taught me some awesome stuff but I completely forgot to ask him about this part, haha.

Thanks so much dude! Your are awesome!

And yeah man, intervals are awesome! Some them live not too long ago and actually had a lesson with Anup before the show. He's such a cool guy, and taught me some awesome stuff but I completely forgot to ask him about this part, haha.

No problem man! And that's sick, congratulations on meeting him and getting a lesson!

Back