SO what annoys you? (The so is on purpose)

28, 29, 30 31.

Oh wow man like freaky. My switches DO understand!

Oh that's right, light switches don't have human emotion. Silly rabbit.

They have emotion, Larry, just not human emotion. More of a light switch-y kind of emotion - something we mere mortals may never understand.

Personally, I suspect they dig a bit of poking and prodding. I've only known a couple of switches that ever complained. Lar, as a sparky, I'm sure you've met a lot more ill-tempered light switches than I have!

Re: SO what annoys you? (The so is sooooo on purpose)

What's the deal with car speedometers? The speedo in my Impreza goes up to 140 MPH. It's a nice car but the only way it's going 140 is if it gets pushed out of an airplane. Besides, even if it could, there's nowhere around here I could go that fast legally nor do I feel that I am capable of handling a car at those speeds reliably without additional training. And it's not just my Subaru, these sorts of numbers seem to be the norm. What bothers me is that 70 MPH is sitting at around 12 o'clock on the display. Thus, I can't use half of my speedometer and I wind up with half of the usable resolution. It's nonsensical. Do the marketing people really think that people are so gullible that when they see a speedometer topping out at 140 that the car must be really fast and powerful? And why would that matter anyway? So I can get to the next traffic light two seconds sooner?

The companies just want you to pay a tidy sum to transport yourself and your vehicle to the Autobahn in Germany, where you can legally test out how fast your Impreza can go. I'm pretty sure that your car can get to 140 if you give yourself plenty of empty road to accelerate, but it might not feel safe anymore, as such speeds may compromise one's ability to maintain complete control of the car.

I get annoyed when I go to pull my zipper back up, the end of the little grabby thingy is buried in the seam.

1) Singers

2) The site telling me I have to use "at least 20 characters"

3) Singers

"at least 20 characters" is actually 21 characters, counting spaces of course

Last edited:
I get annoyed when I go to pull my zipper back up, the end of the little grabby thingy is buried in the seam.

That is called the "Pull"

seperatezipper.gif

I'm extremely annoyed that television coverage of game 3 of the Braves vs Reds series in Cincinnati is blacked out. Blacked out for what bloody reason?

Actually only half of the time.

Right! For the other half it gets turned on.

I guess 50-50's not too bad. For every time you flip it off, it gets turned on!

Put a leather strap in it. Like on a coat

Only if you drive up here and attach it for me :)

C'mon Grunt, please?

Actually, all I really need to do is bend the end so it won't fit in the seam.

This promises to be a big life improvement for me! Thanks! One less annoyance!

I really don't want to be the only guy with a leather strap attached to my zipper grabby thingy...I mean zipper pull.

Grabby thingy is more fun to say.

Grabby thingy is more fun to say.

True, but given the region in which it resides, I suggest being careful using that phrase in public unless you like restraining orders.

Re: SO what annoys you? (The so is sooooo on purpose)

What's the deal with car speedometers? The speedo in my Impreza goes up to 140 MPH. It's a nice car but the only way it's going 140 is if it gets pushed out of an airplane. Besides, even if it could, there's nowhere around here I could go that fast legally nor do I feel that I am capable of handling a car at those speeds reliably without additional training. And it's not just my Subaru, these sorts of numbers seem to be the norm. What bothers me is that 70 MPH is sitting at around 12 o'clock on the display. Thus, I can't use half of my speedometer and I wind up with half of the usable resolution. It's nonsensical. Do the marketing people really think that people are so gullible that when they see a speedometer topping out at 140 that the car must be really fast and powerful? And why would that matter anyway? So I can get to the next traffic light two seconds sooner?

Do they have speed limits on Omicron Persei 8 Jim ? Actually given you are living on a star you could do "burn outs" no problem.....

As well as the Autobahns/ strada's in Europe isnt there a state in the USA that has no speed limits ? I lived in the Northern Territory for a few years when there was no speed limit and I happily maxed out my speedo ( not the swimming togs..... mind you sadly I fill them out too well now...for all the wrong reasons...sigh)

Back