OMG!!! BONZO: The Groove Remains The Same (Encore!) Performance

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
I AM SOOOOOO F*ING PHSYCHED!!!

I am going to be performing at the encore performance of BONZO: The Groove Remains The Same. A Tribute to John Bonham and Led Zeplin, this Wednesday (Jan 12) at the Key Club in Hollywood!!!!

I'll be playing with INSIDE THE BLACK as the openning act. I think we are going to be playing Whole Lotta Love in addition to our own tunes.

bonzo-tribute.jpg

Full list of drummers performing....

Steven Adler: (Guns 'N Roses, Adler's Appetite)
Carmine Appice: (Vanilla Fudge, Rod Stewart, Ozzy Osbourne)
Vinny Appice: (Black Sabbath/ DIO/ Heaven And Hell)
Kenny Aronoff: (John Cougar, Smashing Pumpkins)
Frankie Banali: (Quiet Riot)
Bobby Blotzer: (RATT)
Fred Coury: (Cinderella)
Jimmy D'Anda: (Bulletboys)
James Kottak: (Scorpions)
Abe Laboriel: (Paul McCartney, Sting)
Khurt Maier: (Salty Dog)
Stephen Perkins: (Jane's Addiction)
Chris Slade: (AC/DC, The Firm)
Chad Smith: (Chili Peppers, Chickenfoot)
Jason Sutter: (Foreigner, Chris Cornell)
John Tempesta: (White Zombie, The Cult, Testament)
Brian Tichy: (Whitesnake, Foreigner, Billy Idol, Ozzy Osbourne)
Joe Travers: (Zappa Plays Zappa, Duran Duran)
Simon Wright: (AC/DC, DIO)

...and ME!!!!!

Steven Adler is still drumming? That's great to hear. He really inspired me when Appetite came out. I bought my first cowbell just to play cuts from that album. I did find that the bottom of a big steel coffee can will double as a cowbell.

Hey Nick - that's a real coup - exciting times!

BTW, whenever I think of Chris Slade I think of Manfred Mann's Earth Band, where he had lots of room to express himself.

Break a leg and don't forget the war stories afterwards :)

PS. To DW regulars ... c'mon, get with the program and show a bit of support. One of our forum regulars has picked up an awesome gig ... imagine how you'd feel if it was you!

Full list of drummers performing....

Steven Adler: (Guns 'N Roses, Adler's Appetite)
Carmine Appice: (Vanilla Fudge, Rod Stewart, Ozzy Osbourne)
Vinny Appice: (Black Sabbath/ DIO/ Heaven And Hell)
Kenny Aronoff: (John Cougar, Smashing Pumpkins)
Frankie Banali: (Quiet Riot)
Bobby Blotzer: (RATT)
Fred Coury: (Cinderella)
Jimmy D'Anda: (Bulletboys)
James Kottak: (Scorpions)
Abe Laboriel: (Paul McCartney, Sting)
Khurt Maier: (Salty Dog)
and ME!!!!!!!!
Stephen Perkins: (Jane's Addiction)
Chris Slade: (AC/DC, The Firm)
Chad Smith: (Chili Peppers, Chickenfoot)
Jason Sutter: (Foreigner, Chris Cornell)
John Tempesta: (White Zombie, The Cult, Testament)
Brian Tichy: (Whitesnake, Foreigner, Billy Idol, Ozzy Osbourne)
Joe Travers: (Zappa Plays Zappa, Duran Duran)
Simon Wright: (AC/DC, DIO)

I put you in your proper place.

Have fun dude. Wish I could be there. I'll be flying into LAX on Thursday. In retrospect, I would have taken the week; but when you're self-employed, you don't get paid when you don't work. But had I come Saturday, there would have been an even to go to everyday before NAMM: the Guitar Center Drum Off, and PDT training and a host of great shows, of which this one would be a highlight

Last edited:
I'll be flying into LAX on Thursday. In retrospect, I would have taken the week; but when your self-employed, you don't get paid when you don't work. But had I come Saturday, there would have been an even to go to everyday before NAMM: the Guitar Center Drum Off, and PDT training and a host of great shows. Have fun dude. Wish I could be there.

This whole next week is insane.

The GC drum off. Jojo Mayer is doing a clinic Monday night at GC Hollywood. There is another top name clinic the night before or after.
Two nights of the Bonzo thing, then NAMM.

I want to go to it all, but with little kids at home, I need to pick my battles. I'm already going to gone from home Friday and Saturday night to be at NAMM.

PS. To DW regulars ... c'mon, get with the program and show a bit of support. One of our forum regulars has picked up an awesome gig ... imagine how you'd feel if it was you!

(Not really a "regular" per se) Sure, way to go Nick.

How I would feel? Hard to say. Probably a little nervous, a little tipsy, somewhat insecure. Most likely very happy...

Ech, I'll already be at NAMM doing stuff. Have a great time!

I feel privileged enough as it is to have played on the same stages as some of the guys listed there.

Doing it on the same night would be a highlight of a career, congrats Nick!

i checked out your stuff and really enjoyed it man. is it true that you may do "whole lotta love" in front of all these guys and you're the opening act? i would be praying to bonham for divine intercession. i would probly give my right nut to be in your shoes, so definitely get your money's worth out of the whole experience. he was the Buddha of rock drumming! i'm sure you'll do just fine, and all the best.

Oh man, am I jealous. I'd love to just attend that, and to actually perform would be amazing. Congrats, and have fun!

Congrats Nick, don't forget to take pics.

Thanks guys,
I am still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing... One random text message and my whole week changed!!! I spoke to a few of the guys who are playing that I know and they all told me what a cool night this is going to be. I'll be sure to get pics, maybe some video and of course stories!

But had I come Saturday, there would have been an even to go to everyday before NAMM: the Guitar Center Drum Off, and PDT training and a host of great shows, of which this one would be a highlight

I did the PDT training yesterday, it was wonderful. I left feeling like I need to attack the world and can't wait to get started!!!!

(Not really a "regular" per se) Sure, way to go Nick

How am I not a "regular"? I have over 900 posts here, just because I don't spend ever day on DW doesn't mean I am not regular. Sorry, but most of my time is spent behind the drums, not my computer ;)

How am I not a "regular"? I have over 900 posts here, just because I don't spend ever day on DW doesn't mean I am not regular. Sorry, but most of my time is spent behind the drums, not my computer ;)
I think he was referring himself, not you.

I hope to make it out, kids and such willing. If not, I'll see you on Friday.

Back