My Mutt Set

random

Howdy,
This is my mutt setup. The bass drum is a "Sunlite", made in taiwan, it is 22x16. The floor tom used to be a CB700 rack tom, it's 14x12. The snare is a no name 13x3 steel piccolo. I've also got a 14x5 wood snare. All the drums used in this setup were free, I've got a nice set of old Pearls, but find myself liking these drums allot more. One day, I'll re-wrap them all in black sparkle.

I'm using a UFIP Bravo 14" top hat and a cut down (to 14") Zildjian Avedis heavy crash, with a couple holes drilled in it. I also use my Sabian 21" HH Raw Bell Ride, with a sizzle chain. On occasion I use an old 18" Zildjian Avedis medium crash. All the cymbals complement each other very well, took me ten years to get them just right.

The pictures were taken in the balcony at church. I play with a pretty diverse and talented group twice a week, which is awesome.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 422
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 402
Nice! I use those same sticks in church every week as well. They make the drums sound so different!

I used to play with these Zildjian sticks that were very similar but haven't been able to find them in years. When I found the Questlove model sticks they reminded me very much of those old Zildjians, but with a little extra reach. I love them, won't play with anything else. I do kinda regret the stick holder thing. I haven't dropped a stick in years, but it seemed like a good idea.

Back