JOJO MAYER: NEW Hot Video...

YESSS!!!!!!!!
thankyou Bernhard!!!!!!

Jojo the machine!
C'mon, that's an insult... he's more like an android, he's too fluid and plastic for a robot... :)

I planned to visit Jojo at some of his clinics in Switzerland but it turned out that at those dates when I was free he was extremely busy and at the rest dates I couldn't make it, too bad, looks like that was a blast!! He's a super nice guy, always cool to meet him.

Awesome videos, Jojo is really on fire on these clips, some of that stuff is really the top of what is humanly possible on the drumset but the best part is no matter how many or less notes he plays, he always sounds 100% musical

PS. Bernhard, here's the titles for you (I bet you know some of them already)
jojomayersolo08.mov ''Tribute to Garry Glitter''
jojomayermiddletune08.mov ''Sedation Deprivation''
jojomayerfine2008.mov ''Syncopath''
jojomayerbrush08.mov ''Pleasure Control''

I viewed those videos on Win XP and Mac, works without any problems!

PS. Bernhard, here's the titles for you (I bet you know some of the already)
jojomayersolo08.mov ''Tribute to Garry Glitter''
jojomayermiddletune08.mov ''Sedation Deprivation''
jojomayerfine2008.mov ''Syncopath''
jojomayerbrush08.mov ''Pleasure Control''

Thank you so much Raymond - will put these titles in...

Bernhard

Great footage!

Worked fine on Vista with Quicktime. I had a progress bar as well.

Is he using that new Sabian Chopper thing? Its slightly to the left of his ride if you're sitting on the throne. I've had my eye on one of those...

yeah he is using a chopper.

Is he using that new Sabian Chopper thing? Its slightly to the left of his ride if you're sitting on the throne. I've had my eye on one of those...
Yes, that's a 10'' Chopper, a cool little effect thing! Goes really well together with his 10'' Fierce mini hats and those trash hats - 13'' HHX hi-hat top (he often changes the top cymbal) and 14'' HHX Evo chinese

Working nicely in Firefox on Vista.

His drumming is awesome, but frankly I found this too much of it all to be really appealing and inspiring.
Now I'm probably gonna get flamed. But that's what I think.

But yeah, the video works fine.

if drumming was an olympic sport this is a gold medal performance. it is rather sporty, his instructional videos have really helped me, but does he play slowly?!

if drumming was an olympic sport this is a gold medal performance. it is rather sporty, his instructional videos have really helped me, but does he play slowly?!
As Jojo says himself: ''I do not believe that more or less notes being played makes music better or worse, either it's music or it's not!''
What I like about him is that no matter how much notes he plays and no matter how fast the tempo is, he's always making very good music without overplaying or being flashy just for the sake of it.

Check out www.departjazz.com and other projects where he plays drums, if he does clinics, he plays a bit more complicated than he would play for a crowded danceflor! It's a clinic... you know! People whant to see something mindblowing from every perspective :)

As Jojo says himself: ''I do not believe that more or less notes being played makes music better or worse, either it's music or it's not!''
What I like about him is that no matter how much notes he plays and no matter how fast the tempo is, he's always making very good music without overplaying or being flashy just for the sake of it.

Check out www.departjazz.com and other projects where he plays drums, if he does clinics, he plays a bit more complicated than he would play for a crowded danceflor! It's a clinic... you know! People whant to see something mindblowing from every perspective :)

Yes indeed, point taken. I understand the musical climate of clinics, and the inspiration they provide, and as I have pointed out; Jojo has helped me ten fold. My reaction is possibly fueled by the appetite for technical wowing. That said, yes it is a clinic.. As Vinnie has said in the past about clinics, the musical context has to be there. I guess an over used question here on the forum is based on emotions. Perhaps clinics don't usually emphasize the emotional part of music so much, and thats ok, as long as people get something from it, and take it to there performance. I know I have, and big thanks for Bernard for supplying a huge resource to us developing drummers.

Back