Joey Jordison snare?

reDrum

Hi guys i decide to have pearl joey jordison snare 13x6,5 can i make rock and funk music with that? :D

Yes.

I have played a funk gig on a Brady 14x8" jarrah. Sounded fine.

If you are considering buying a Joey snare to do this, I advise getting a Gretsch Brooklyn 13x7" COS instead. Better drum. Better price.

Yes.

I have played a funk gig on a Brady 14x8" jarrah. Sounded fine.

If you are considering buying a Joey snare to do this, I advise getting a Gretsch Brooklyn 13x7" COS instead. Better drum. Better price.

I see thank you . And one more question is loud snares like 7-6,5 kind of.. making lot of noise in small places like bar,cafe ?

I see thank you . And one more question is loud snares like 7-6,5 kind of.. making lot of noise in small places like bar,cafe ?

Drums are passive things that are silent until struck. To play quietly strike the drum from a low height. If dynamic control is an issue try using rods.

Or just learn how to play. The Joey Jordison snare, is not unlike other snares. I have found the 13" size to have a smaller sound than say, a 14" drum. So I don't think you'll have a problem with being able to play it softly. If you were talking about playing a 15" snare drum, that could be another issue - but so much of this discussion depends on where your hands are at in your technical development.

Or just learn how to play. The Joey Jordison snare, is not unlike other snares. I have found the 13" size to have a smaller sound than say, a 14" drum. So I don't think you'll have a problem with being able to play it softly. If you were talking about playing a 15" snare drum, that could be another issue - but so much of this discussion depends on where your hands are at in your technical development.

hmm its true that im not a good drummer :) Im just trying to get information about my choises. :)

hmm its true that im not a good drummer :) Im just trying to get information about my choises. :)

No worries. And I wasn't calling you out on your playing ability. We all have things to work on (me especially), but what Wy said is also true - snare drums are passive. You make the sound happen. Really good players can be playing a cardboard box and make it sound great, so in reality, any snare drum will do.

Question: why have you settled on a 13" snare drum? 14" snares pretty much have been the size since the dawn of time, and therefore the most versatile. Ludwig's Acrolite or Supraphonic comes to mind, as well as Pearl's Sensitone, or Tama's Masterworks snares. All good solid working snare drums.

Don't worry so much about the hardware. You have to grow into the instrument.An inexperienced drummer won't sound any better on a Supra than they will on a Maxwin. Do as much woodshedding as you can. It takes years and tears but after a while it starts to become a habit. It's great when you can free your mind because you know that your hands and feet will do whatever your mind tells them to do. Now, it's time for some padword my friend!

Don't worry so much about the hardware. You have to grow into the instrument.An inexperienced drummer won't sound any better on a Supra than they will on a Maxwin. Do as much woodshedding as you can. It takes years and tears but after a while it starts to become a habit. It's great when you can free your mind because you know that your hands and feet will do whatever your mind tells them to do. Now, it's time for some padword my friend!

No worries. And I wasn't calling you out on your playing ability. We all have things to work on (me especially), but what Wy said is also true - snare drums are passive. You make the sound happen. Really good players can be playing a cardboard box and make it sound great, so in reality, any snare drum will do.

Question: why have you settled on a 13" snare drum? 14" snares pretty much have been the size since the dawn of time, and therefore the most versatile. Ludwig's Acrolite or Supraphonic comes to mind, as well as Pearl's Sensitone, or Tama's Masterworks snares. All good solid working snare drums.

:D im not settled 13" snare , a friend of my using joey snare thats why i decide.. and yes.. i have to try in real life that snares thanks for the answer :)

PADWORDD :D thats just great my friend.You know im just love the joey jordisons sound thats why ı have sympathy on that snare I HAVE TO WORK ALOOT :)

Beyond the diameter of the JJ snare, keep in mind that it's a tall steel snare, which means it has a certain sonic character, which can be snappy and ringy. When playing very quietly in small rooms, I have a maple 5x12 snare I love to use; it's got a much more controllable sound to it than a metal snare.

But just about any snare can be made to sound good in any genre. It's the drummer, not the drum.

Beyond the diameter of the JJ snare, keep in mind that it's a tall steel snare, which means it has a certain sonic character, which can be snappy and ringy. When playing very quietly in small rooms, I have a maple 5x12 snare I love to use; it's got a much more controllable sound to it than a metal snare.

But just about any snare can be made to sound good in any genre. It's the drummer, not the drum.

Yea drummer is the answer :) i also like play r&b rhythms with that snare i think sounds great but wood snares are another answer but its experience you know im just start with METAL :D

Back