New Snare Rack

That snare collection is killer! How do you like that DW Aluminum? Nice little space you got there too.

Curious as to how you acquired Jimmy Chamberlins Ludwig... Care to share as that's some score!?

That snare collection is killer! How do you like that DW Aluminum? Nice little space you got there too.

Curious as to how you acquired Jimmy Chamberlins Ludwig... Care to share as that's some score!?

The DW Aluminum is a great rock snare kinda has the body of a bell bras and the ring of a black beauty great combo for the price of one of these.

The JC ludwig i got off ebay right before Jimmy Chamberlin Complex started up, Jimmy listed a lot of his personal collection on ebay and then stopped about halfway of his collection hit ebay. He was selling about 30-35 snares and then stopped after 10-15 were sold. i was able to nab this one and had him sign it at a show a few months back.

Super sweet Ludwig kit. Thanks for sharing. The DW kit doesn't stand a chance :)

Maybe not a collectors DW, the Jazz series is a different beast. They have a very gretsch round badge sound that's very modernized. Sounds very slick and warm. I played them for little over a year while I let the ludwigs rest. Now since i got the new place i busted the Ludwigs out and not sure if I can go back.

If you won't play that DW, please send it to me.
I'm not joking, but this is the first time I've seen a DW with black hardware that I've liked - and this one I love. Perfect combination! The jazz shells are so much better than Collector's! Great pictures, great rack, great snares!

You know what... I'd be happy to have ONE decent snare but I haven't. I think it's totally crazy to have more than 3-4 snares, but I'm a drum beginner and might get into the (drum) gear craze with time. (Gone that route in the guitar department though - who needs 8 guitars?? Haha.)

Nice collection dude!!

What heads do you use on your kits?

and what cymbals do you have?

On the ludwig i'm using Coated Ambassador X all around snare and toms on the kick a clear p3 with a a fiberskyn p3 on the front.

cymbals

15" K Light Hats
20" K Zildjian SoundLab Crash
20" A Custom Rezo Crash
24" K Light Ride

but I have a slew of other cymbals stashed away this is just what i'm using at the moment

others are
14" new beats
x2 19" A Custom Crash
20" A Custom EFX
20" Crash Of Dom
24" A Medium Ride
24" Zildjian Rarities Ride (ZHT) The one Dave Grohl used during TCV
18" ZHT EFX

and a bunch more can't think of at moment

I need a rack like that!

I have too many snares and I'm drooling over many more.

Care to send me plans for that puppy?

Update..
420228_10151358159010023_1615314724_n.jpg

Back