New from Ludwig!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Just got a sneak peek at some VERY cool stuff coming out from Ludwig, debuting at NAMM and in the 2011 catalog! There are the usual new and occasional retro finishes, and new snare sizes and kit configurations, but there are some particularly cool things including a blue/olive something or other I can't divulge ;) but I think it's gonna be big with Ludwig aficionados!

This is not a only a great time for Ludwig and their family of drummers, but also for those who have been curious as to why the company has been enjoying a successful renaissance lately.

For those going to NAMM, the Ludwig booth will be a must-see, and a must-hear! I'll be tuning the booth again to make sure each drum sings and sounds good throughout the show.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Bermuda

Last edited:
I'm really excited to see what's new! I've also heard that there are a lot of changes coming to the company, this year. I hope the first thing they address is quality control. I *love* Ludwig drums and it's my first choice in sound, but my experiences (yes, plural - several attempts) ordering drums last year was absolutely unforgivable. Hopefully they'll be putting quality at the top of their priority list, this coming year.

there are some cool particularly cool things including a blue/olive something or other I can't divulge ;)

hmmm... sound's "70's" to me.. You know, they have been missing a pro line for a while, called "Super Classic".... but I guess the Legacy Classic sort of took that place.

That's good news, I'm going to get a Classic Maple kit, but I'm going to wait to se if there's some new finishes or something.

when is NAMM ?

Merry Christmas!

GAH I can't wait to find out... here's a pretty promising picture from the Ludwig Facebook page, posted a couple days ago:
165155_10150113842198529_25815273528_7528494_4509400_n.jpg

Oh please-please tell me that they will produce bronze Black-Beauties again!

I hope the first thing they address is quality control. I *love* Ludwig drums and it's my first choice in sound, but my experiences (yes, plural - several attempts) ordering drums last year was absolutely unforgivable. Hopefully they'll be putting quality at the top of their priority list, this coming year.
So painful, when a love in your life hurts you, then does it again. Maybe Bermuda can encourage them to learn from your experiences, & hopefully throw you a little something to put the love back into the relationship. Bermuda?

Unfortunately, no drum company is perfect, not even the small guys who claim better attention to detail because they're not a mass-producer. Sorry to hear that Ludwig has an occasional clinker, I don't doubt that it happens now and then, and I'd recommend taking it up first with the dealer. If they won't (or claim they can't) help, then an email to the right person at Ludwig is in order, explaining the drum problem, and also noting that the dealer said they couldn't help. Ludwig cares greatly about drummers and obviously their network of dealers is important to them. They want to make sure everyone drummer is being made happy by every dealer, but will gladly handle problems directly when necessary.

Bermuda

I was very surprised when I read zambizzi's thread on all of the issues that he had with his kits

I have never owned a Ludwig kit and I have been considering treating myself to a brand new kit. I have played many Ludwig kits over the years and I liked them very much.
It will be my first Brand New, higher end kit since 1975!
I have bought several inexpensive beater kits during the past few years.
I wanted to order something kind of special.

I have been eyeing the Classic Maple line.
I decided to hold off on purchasing one until next year when I won't have college payments for my daughter.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Ludwig has in the wings.
I'm looking forward to owning my first Ludwig kit.

I heard there's new hardware in the works--hope it's true.

Oh please-please tell me that they will produce bronze Black-Beauties again!

That would be very cool. I love mine (but the Brass BB's are no slouches either!).
It's my #1, but doesn't leave the house for gigs anymore, just for recording.

Zam's new Ludwig Charcoal Shadow kit is awesome.

Not too much longer until NAMM (and all the great photos that always show up!)!

I wonder if the Coliseum snare drum will return also.

I'm going to lunch with the Ludwig reps in a couple of weeks at NAMM 2011!
I will be returning with a complete photo journal, a la Mike Dolbear!

I've been drooling over Ludwig stuff for a while now, and in August this year I finally bought myself a Black Beauty. Will 2011 be the year I finally decide to shell out for a full set? Looking forward to seeing what they have on offer. Dare I hope for a 22-12-14-16 Keystone setup?

I've been drooling over Ludwig stuff for a while now, and in August this year I finally bought myself a Black Beauty. Will 2011 be the year I finally decide to shell out for a full set? Looking forward to seeing what they have on offer. Dare I hope for a 22-12-14-16 Keystone setup?

I wanna see a 26" bass offered in the keystone series, I don't. think I will but we can dream can't. we lol

Bonzolead

Bermuda, spill the beans, please! I'm still trying to make a jazz kit decision, and now your info. is causing anticipatory anxiety!

Patience... Ludwig will be showing/announcing everything in about 2 weeks.

Bermuda

GAH I can't wait to find out... here's a pretty promising picture from the Ludwig Facebook page, posted a couple days ago:
165155_10150113842198529_25815273528_7528494_4509400_n.jpg

Haha looks like they shouldve come out with that configuration before christmas.

Screw it all. I want a quadruple Speed King bass pedal, reintroduction of concert toms on all kits, 20" floor toms, 15" snares, & a rack system that will let me hang my kit from helicopters.
JK, but the Chrome over wood Coliseum snares would be cool. Or maybe remaking those 20's NOB snares with them single flange hoops. I'm sure it will be great whatever it is.

Back