Joe Morello passes away

Numberless

Platinum Member
01.jpg

Am I missing something here? Is Joe ok?

I checked google and couldn't find anything.

Re: What's up with the date on the site banner?

Haven't heard either, and no search engine results as of yet. Gah! gonna freak me out for the rest of the day...

Re: What's up with the date on the site banner?

Apparently it's true, check his profile here.

"March12, 2011

Hi All,
Sorry to be the bearer of sad news. Joe Morello passed away in the hospital this morning. He was 82 and had been having heart trouble. No other details at this time. His wisdom, musicianship and wit will be missed.
Best,
John Riley"

Heartbreaking news.

Re: JOE MORELLO PASSES AWAY

He will be missed. All those hours spent playing along with Joe on all those Dave Brubeck albums! We are lucky there is so much of his work recorded for all of us to enjoy! Rest in Peace, Joe!

R.I.P. He was old, but should've lived longer. He was one of the first jazz-drummers I heard of and listened to.

Party it up Joe, wherever you are! No more physical ailments to keep you down! You made some mark on this world, wow....
Thank you for everything you gave us. You will always live on in our hearts and minds..

Truly a sad day.. Joe was one of a kind. We will miss you Mr. Morello!

How sad, I got to meet and talk to Joe while he was in San Francisco with the Dave Brubeck Quartet, very nice man and very helpful, will miss him.

Sad news. I must say I really enjoy his playing.

Very sad to hear this..This was a great person that inspired many of us! Most certainly me at a young age(12)!!!!!!! I sent condolences to his family.Denis

Rest In Peace - Mr. Joe Morello.

My condolences to the Morello family and loved ones. He seemed to be a great human being, who really knew how to live life well!

The Sounds Of The Loop remains in the drummers world.

Attachments

• Joe Morello.jpg
    Joe Morello.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,833
Last edited:

Very sad. He was a great influence on me, though I never met him. My deepest condolences to his family.

-John

This is a sad day for our community of musicians. I will try to get more information from Darius Brubeck, while Jeff and some of the others here who studied with him might know more about memorial services etc. We can never forget what an important teacher he has been for the past few decades alongside the obvious superhuman drumming legacy.

That's too bad. I always loved his touch on the kit, and Take Five was the first jazz record I ever heard, I think. Very sad, but at least his memory will stay with us.

Damn! My heartfelt thoughts to his family & friends. Yet another loss to the world of music. Take five, probably the first non 4/4 thing I ever played. Thank you JM, you even influenced this crappy rock drummer.

Back