Music Fair Frankfurt 2009 - photos!

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hi Drummerworld!

Today I had the chance to stop by in Frankfurt for this year`s music fair (Musikmesse). We had great weather, a great atmosphere...many great boothes, many nice people.
I also had the chance to meet guys like Ronn Dunnett, Alex Acuna or Steve Lukather (well, in fact, he was in a hurry haha). Seeing Rick Latham, Michael Paiste and Mr. Craviotto made my day then...

I spent most of the time hanging around at Istanbul Agop`s booth. They brought all the awesome new pies and I could try and check everything out! The people there are very nice and polite. Now I love this brand even more...they`re open-minded, don`t force anything and do their thing from heart. The same with others like Ronn, it was great to see him! Well, unfortunately I couldn`t meet with Bernhard, slowly I get desperate about this...haha...

Here`re the photos finally:

Thanks for your time Ronn, was great to meet you.

SDC12250.jpg

SDC12247.jpg

Alex Acuna was at the DW booth...

SDC12293.jpg

SDC12285.jpg

My drum teacher with the legendary Steve Lukather. =)

Lukather-Khn.jpg

AGOP heaven!

SDC12239.jpg

SDC12240.jpg

SDC12242.jpg

Matt Chamberlain Signature Ride 23"...one of the first on my to-buy-list.

SDC12243.jpg

SDC12244.jpg

SDC12241.jpg

SDC12290.jpg

SDC12291.jpg

Some huge Pearl drum kits...

SDC12234.jpg

SDC12235.jpg

SDC12236.jpg

SDC12249.jpg

Nice Ddrum kit...

SDC12237.jpg

SDC12238.jpg

Yamaha....back to the 80`s? :-D

SDC12258-1.jpg

SDC12261.jpg

SDC12262.jpg

SDC12264.jpg

New Yamaha joint system...

SDC12260.jpg

The Sabian booth...

SDC12292.jpg

SDC12269.jpg

SDC12270.jpg

SDC12268.jpg

SDC12266.jpg

SDC12267.jpg

And some more....

SDC12255.jpg

SDC12254.jpg

SDC12256.jpg

SDC12257.jpg

SDC12253.jpg

NP-Drums...nice custom drums made in Spain!

SDC12273.jpg

SDC12274.jpg

SDC12251.jpg

Tama Simon Phillips Signature kit...

SDC12288.jpg

One with a nice Bubinga finish...

SDC12289.jpg

Hard to beat...DW cosmetics!

SDC12286.jpg

Thanks a lot,

Karl

Wow what a blast you lucky dog Karl!

Great photos!

Agop Heaven indeed! Did you meet Arman or Sarkis at the Agop booth.

Serious envy my friend.....:}

AWESOME Photo's Dude!!!
I was drooling looking at them all

Thanks for posting them..:)

Great Photos Karl. Envy you a lot. Wish there were events like that in Iceland =)

Looks like u had fun Karl! Great pics. I like the one with you and Alex... have you heard him on Havona by Weather Report?

aw man, that green sparkle Pearl Reference! I would sell babies for one of them.

Great pictures Karl.

Those Pearl and Yamaha kits look stunning!

Great Pictures Drummer Karl,

That Odery Drumkit has one of the best laquire fades i've seen in a long time and those

Conga's Alex was playing are very nice also, the gray heads really set off the black finish

Very cool.......Thanks for sharing.

Keep Swattin,
Bonzolead

Great Pictures. I too liked the look of the Pearl moss green kit with the gold coloured hardware;

but what is that really funky snare under the heading "and some more"?

Hi!
I have to admit that always when I just think about this day I feel like I have to cry. ;-)
Simply an awesome day and I wish I could be there for the rest of the time as well.
Maybe next year there`ll be a Cube Drums booth so this would be a reason to stay longer than one day.

Vielen Dank Karl. Great pics. Any Sonor from Deutschland?

Yes, there was a big Sonor booth indeed but for some reason I didn`t take any photos. There were some good looking SQ2 kits, though it hasn`t been anything really new for me personally. Moreover I didn`t really hang out there, I`m not sure why not. The same with Ludwig, Premier, Ufip cymbals or Bosphorus.

Wow what a blast you lucky dog Karl!

Great photos!

Agop Heaven indeed! Did you meet Arman or Sarkis at the Agop booth.

Serious envy my friend.....:}

Thanks buddy. I had huge fun at the Agop booth. I talked to a young man there, he was one of the guys who could understand English. There were some older men as well, I would guess that at least one of them was Arman or Sarkis. =)
So now I`m convinced about another Agop pie. I`m not sure whether a very light 23" Matt would be possible to get. Something about 2250-2300 grams. I`m also going to sell some other cymbals, my Sabian AAX crash for instance.

Looks like u had fun Karl! Great pics. I like the one with you and Alex... have you heard him on Havona by Weather Report?

Thanks very much Abe!! I listened to this song, I love it! So it is with Alex on drums and Jaco on bass? Awesome music, thanks for the tip!

I was there as well! Really cool stuff. I don't have my pictures online yet except [...]

Wow, maybe we have seen each other unconsciously? That`d have been nice. I`d be looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

Karl

yeah I'll post more soon, here's all I got for now:

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

Funny that we both photographed the same Tama and Pearl kit ;)

more pictures will follow!

Beautiful pictures. Looks like a place where you can hang out for days on end and have a great time!

That third Pearl kit in your original post looks hard to get into, let alone play. I wouldn't really know where to start. You'd have to do an army crawl under a floor tom just to get to your throne.

Back