rate me overall

thereactionsite

Hi ive attached a drum clip of me just playing some random stuff. I didnt really plan it out before recording so its not as good as i wouldve liked to be. Could some of you guys rate me overalll, and not jsut my drumming, drum sound, tips on tuning heads whatever, and maybe micing things. I recorded this with an sm57 and a cheap thin condensor mic so if theres any tips on that itd be appreciated too.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/57555101904e0374/

DUDE!!! (and I use "dude" in the most non gender specific way), you gotta upload a slightly more compressed file. Something in the 4k size would do just fine. This thing is huge! 14 minutes to download? No way...

Ah but imagine the upload speed!

Bloody Kangaroos. Lol.

Hi ive attached a drum clip of me just playing some random stuff. I didnt really plan it out before recording so its not as good as i wouldve liked to be. Could some of you guys rate me overalll, and not jsut my drumming, drum sound, tips on tuning heads whatever, and maybe micing things.

Tip #0: Make your recording more accessible. Compress the audio and use a file sharing service that isn't crippled with advertisements. HostFile is a great site for that.

Tip #1: If you know that your recording isn't as good as you'd like it to be, don't share it! Record additional takes until you are pleased.

Tip #2: Listen to your recording and find out which parts of the kit stand out and which seem to be too quiet. Then start to practice compensating for these differences: over-emphasise the strokes on quiet drums and soften up your approach on the loud cymbals.

Tip #3: Know what you play and play it with assertion. I listened to the whole clip and throughout the performance I felt a constant vibe on uncertainty and lack of confidence and cohesion. You need to practice less material and spend more time on it. When you're behind the instrument, you have to own the instrument... or rather, you have to own every single person who's listening to you!

Tip #4: Typing text that's more than barely readable helps in all walks of life.

Rapidshare is my favorite file host =D next to no ads and fast+easy upload stuff. ~cough~ you should definitely get winrar, compress your file, and then stick it on RS. Then I will look @ it =D

Sorry, i didnt realise how big that file was. I forgot to convert it to MP3 (in a bit of a rush =P) And i think I'm going to redo it with more of a structure to it.

Back