Advice needed! : )

sev7n

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the drumming world. I'm looking to buy my first set and i'd really appreciate some advice. My budget is 750€ (1050 US dollar) and I play hard rock.

Thank you :D

My first kit was a mapex V series. It sounded good and held up well over the years. Overall it was a good first kit. However, the MCS are proboblly better cymbals than sabian B8. Even though they are the same metal, Meinl beginner lines sound at least decent. In this case i would go with the Tama kit.

Mapex M Birch every time from those three. By far the better kit. The B8 set isn't too bad, but I'd buy the best drums you can afford right now and if these are your options, the MCS cymbals aren't significantly better.

Mapex M Birch every time from those three. By far the better kit. The B8 set isn't too bad, but I'd buy the best drums you can afford right now and if these are your options, the MCS cymbals aren't significantly better.

I'm looking to do exactly that right now, buy the best drums i can afford. The cymbals I'll just go with the B8 for now and do an upgrade later.

Thank you both for your help ; )

Yamaha, Mapex, Tama and Sonor all make solid entry level kits, put some heads on them and you'll be all smiles, i play the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch myself, paid 900$ Canadian for a 5 pc. kit - absoloutly love it!

good hunting my friend!

Hi buddy, I don't know about you guys but I'm in love with the Ludwig Centennial kits, you should check those out man...

cheers!

Also consider going used! You'd be surprised what you can find on eBay...

I think Dixon's Chaos series seems to be a pretty good value kit for starter. Pretty good price for the product. Ludwig ACCENT may also be a good place to start.

EBAY! You will find some great deals with Ddrum, and Gretsch drum sets. I've been watching those 2 lately on ebay, and there are some sweet deals going on ebay. Good luck :]

Did everyone forget about Gretsch? Haha, sorry I am biased, I am on my third Gretsch kit. Everytime I am in the market, I go the musicstore open minded, but they always turn my head...

Back