DDrum Dominion Dorian Amx kit!?

bojangleman

Platinum Member
Ash is a high quality wood that is going to put you somewhere in between maple and birch. I have not heard anything about these kits, but i love the look of the blue burst, and white one.

ahh ok. thanks dom! i always thought that ash was below mahognoy. i like the sizes of the kit, but i just want it to sound big and warm. like a rock sounds ya know? thanks for the imput! and my favorite color of the set is the red burst. but it is 200 dollars higher for the red than the white/blue...so that sucks..lol

Alex

Last edited:
I've also heard some really good things about Ddrum, so, its really up to you. If you like it, stick with it and compare it other kits you like. and just go from there.

ok so my next question would be.. which would be the better deal.
ddrum:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ddrum-Dominion-Dorian-AMX-4-Piece-Drum-Shell-Pack-449394-i1320905.gc
or gretsch:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Drums-Catalina-Club-Mod-4-Piece-Shell-Pack-103549440-i1165850.gc
cause i love the big/deep 24x20 bass on the ddrum. and the gretsch has a 22x20. so the ddrum wins there. and, supposidly i am gettin a better would on the ddrum cause it is ash. while the gretsch is mahogony. and.. i like the look of the ddrum...haha ...tough decision...

Alex

Don't own them...yet...but will. The direct response I've gotten from owners, and the email I received back from tech support lets me know enough to trust the product. Unless something changes significantly in my observations, ddrum is at the top of the list on "bang for buck."

ok thanks a bunch..that helps alot. im gonna go talk to a few guys in the guitar center in the city...see what they say and hopefully it is set up where i could play it! thanks for the response!

Don't own them...yet...but will. The direct response I've gotten from owners, and the email I received back from tech support lets me know enough to trust the product. Unless something changes significantly in my observations, ddrum is at the top of the list on "bang for buck."

Alex

I posted a thread regarding conversations I had with GC regarding ddrum a few days back. Search it up.

GC sent back an entire run of ddrum Dominion pocket kits, but according to ddrum, this was due to an issue with the finish color, not anything to do with lug or hardware integrity.

ok i checked it out and i feel alot better bout it...lol...if i could sell my kit now, i will get it no thoughts bout it..haha..i want it sooo bad!!!

I posted a thread regarding conversations I had with GC regarding ddrum a few days back. Search it up.

GC sent back an entire run of ddrum Dominion pocket kits, but according to ddrum, this was due to an issue with the finish color, not anything to do with lug or hardware integrity.

Alex

Gents,
I just got my Blueburst AMX kit this week. Ill post pics as soon as i get my hardware in next week. The finish is truely sick... not the teal and blue fade that is shown online. It is really so dark that it looks black to blue to black, and the wood grain is incredible. To note... the shells are actually ash finish over maple... and they are thunderous. My kicks are incredible. I did have an issue with a lug casing not being drilled straight. I called ddrum and a new one is on the way, free of charge, no questions asked. Great customer service. Oh and the hardware is black chrome and die cast rims, not that black powder stuff. Anyone with questions please feel free to email me!!! you cannot go wrong with this kit, just make sure they actually have your sizes in stock BEFORE you order. Mine arrived in full in exactly 7 days from guitar center... not too shabby i must say, but the horror stories are out there....

DDrum is still up and rising, so they're going to be cheaper. Trust me though, there great kits. They're still small, but they will be great some day. I played this Ddrum maple kit, and it was incredible!

Ok i dont mean to hijack this thread, but ive been asked to post some pics of my new amx kit... here they are!! If i should be putting this somewhere else in the forum, let me know that too... THANKS!!! I went with the 8 piece, and added the engraved aluminum "skull snare". Bass drums are a thunderous 22X20 each... any questions, please let me know.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/...ID=4253584870/a=36515013_36515013/t_=36515013

ok pics wont show up.. only the main view is linked... anyhelp??? maybe snapfish is not the way to go

Last edited:
I realize I'm way late with my post here, but that Dominion AMX kit rocks. I have it in white and it sounds awesome. The quality is good as well, I have zero complaints. The AMX series is actually maple and ash combination. The ash is on the outside and they use a laquer finish so it shows through. Ddrum has been around awhile with their electronics and triggers, but have only been doing acoustic sets for the past couple years, so now is the time to get them as far as price goes. Like I said, with my kit, I have zero complaints with the quality or workmanship. These drums sound as good if not better then some other big names I have heard. Just get some good heads!

Ash is a high quality wood that is going to put you somewhere in between maple and birch. I have not heard anything about these kits, but i love the look of the blue burst, and white one.

agree!! that blue looks lush and the white lol

ok so my next question would be.. which would be the better deal.
ddrum:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ddrum-Dominion-Dorian-AMX-4-Piece-Drum-Shell-Pack-449394-i1320905.gc
or gretsch:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Drums-Catalina-Club-Mod-4-Piece-Shell-Pack-103549440-i1165850.gc
cause i love the big/deep 24x20 bass on the ddrum. and the gretsch has a 22x20. so the ddrum wins there. and, supposidly i am gettin a better would on the ddrum cause it is ash. while the gretsch is mahogony. and.. i like the look of the ddrum...haha ...tough decision...

Alex[/QUO
I used to own the gretsch catalina club mod. DON"T BUY THIS KIT!! It looks real good but the sound sucks. I heard myself playing at show and I couldnt believe how bad they sounded. I put them up for sale the next week. I looked around and decieded to go with the ddrum dominion ash black burst set. I got a 8 piece double bass kit for less than 1,400 bucks at gearhounds.com. They really got me a real good deal. Check them out.

Back