My Kit

Heck99

Hi all. I thought I'd share pictures I took recently of my kit, as it's changed quite alot over the past year. I just got my pair of Axis XL-2 doubles in the mail from Musicians Friend last week, I'm still tweaking them but so far I'm really liking them. Don't worry; I'm not trying to pass them off as DWs, I ordered a white front reso head and it hasn't arrived yet so I have the DW head on there temporarily. Here's the specs on the kit:

Pacific LX Drums in White to Candy-Blue Fade
22x18" Bass
10x9" Rack Tom
12x10" Rack Tom
14x12" Rack Tom

13x6.5" Yamaha Musashi Oak Snare

13.25" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Hi-hats
18" Zildjian A Custom Crash
15" Zildjian A Custom Crash
20" K Custom Ride
18" Zildjian Oriental Crash of Doom/17" ZIldjian A Custom Crash
16" Zildjian Avedis China High

Drumheads:
Remo Emperor Coated for tom batters
Remo Pinstripe Coated for snare batter
Evans EMAD for bass batter (soon to be Remo Powerstroke 3)

Pacific/DW Hardware
Axis Pedals

Attachments

• DSCN0694.JPG
    DSCN0694.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,532
  • DSCN0695.JPG
    DSCN0695.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,281
  • DSCN0696.JPG
    DSCN0696.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,303
  • DSCN0697.JPG
    DSCN0697.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • DSCN0698.JPG
    DSCN0698.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,281
  • DSCN0700.JPG
    DSCN0700.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,270
  • DSCN0704.JPG
    DSCN0704.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,263
  • DSCN0705.JPG
    DSCN0705.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 1,254
I love that finish!! it's going to look even better with the white bass drum reso.

also, very nice selection of cymbals

really nice kit! what are your snare and tom reso heads?

Man, i know some people hate on PDP's, but they sure do make nice looking kits. I messed around on a PDP m5 and loved how it sounded too. I think my next practice beat around kit is going to be one.

Anyway, there is something about that finish that i just love. Just so clean and tight looking, great setup man!

Nice kit and cymbal choices.
Good snare choice also.
I really like my 13 1/4 Hybrid hats too.

Thank you all for the comments. I've also heard a lot of rap for PDP kits, I've had absolutely zero issues with mine. Perfect bearing edges, strong hardware, excellent fit and finish. Could't ask for more.

San-the tom reso heads are the original Remo-DW resos that came with the kit. The snare reso is a Remo Clear Ambassador.

Music is Awesome-

I was wondering when someone was going to comment on the bass reso. It's only temporary until I get my new one. If I wanted to pass my kit off as a DW, I'd get a DW.

Bo Eder-

Thanks for the comment. I don't have any videos at the moment, but my next purchases will be a recording interface and some drum mics so I can begin to record and eventually put together videos.

bobdadruma-

Thanks, I really like the Musashi snare. I used it as a secondary snare for awhile but moved it to my primary after I just loved the sounds I got from it. The Hybrids are very nice, I love mine.

Music is Awesome-

I was wondering when someone was going to comment on the bass reso. It's only temporary until I get my new one. If I wanted to pass my kit off as a DW, I'd get a DW.

Bo Eder-

Thanks for the comment. I don't have any videos at the moment, but my next purchases will be a recording interface and some drum mics so I can begin to record and eventually put together videos.

bobdadruma-

Thanks, I really like the Musashi snare. I used it as a secondary snare for awhile but moved it to my primary after I just loved the sounds I got from it. The Hybrids are very nice, I love mine.

I was wondering about the reso but didnt want to be rude.

Your answer was great by the way.

Music is Awesome-

Yeah, I read your little intro on your first post. I just thought it would be funny to just play around with people and say you have DW. btw where did the DW head come from? Was it with the kit, or what?

TheAnalogKid- The 18" CoD is a great crash, opens up nicely and is very trashy. It's higher pitched and has a shorter decay than the 20". I found the 20" to be a little too gongy for my tastes, I think the 18 is discontinued now unfortunately.

Music is Awesome- No problem. The DW head came as the stock bass batter head for the kit. The PDP reso that came with it was out of round and didn't fit right so I put the DW one on until I found a white reso.

Are you a Gavin Harrison fan by chance? :p

Love the kit, Great cymbal selection!!

-Jonathan

TheAnalogKid- The 18" CoD is a great crash, opens up nicely and is very trashy. It's higher pitched and has a shorter decay than the 20". I found the 20" to be a little too gongy for my tastes, I think the 18 is discontinued now unfortunately.

It is discontinued and I have been looking for one ever since I fell in love with my 20". If you do ever get sick of it, offer stands. Shoot me a PM, and I'll get you top dollar for it.

Very nice. Love the colors and a white reso will really set it off. Cymbals are fantastic as well. I have the same ride and love it. Great find.

Back