Thanks ... I think

French Fries are not chips.

Of course they're not. One is a french cut potato, the other is chipped potato. If you chip too thin the chip becomes crisp in the frier, and they call it a crisp chip, or "crisp"

Personally, I'm a fan of the Tot or any food that is prefixed with the word "Tater", including Tater Salad (Not to be confused with Potato Salad)

We played at a gig last weekend that hosted many bands all day long. After our set a guy came up and said "Wow. You guys are intense".

Of course they're not. One is a french cut potato, the other is chipped potato. If you chip too thin the chip becomes crisp in the frier, and they call it a crisp chip, or "crisp"

Personally, I'm a fan of the Tot or any food that is prefixed with the word "Tater", including Tater Salad (Not to be confused with Potato Salad)

We have 'crisps', 'French Fries' and 'chips'.

Chips are thick French Fries. Crisps are what Americans generally call 'Chips'.

My brain. My poor brain.

This whole chips/fries discussion....it's all just small potatoes. :p

Again, Bermuda has this sussed. I remember Matt Smith getting that a lot. Oh you're really good for a "blank" year old. Over shadowed the compliment.

Not if you try to use jacket potatoes...

You can't just agree, can you? You could have said how witty that was, but NOOO!

What the hell is a jacket potato?

Wait, I got this. Is it a big potato?

We have 'crisps', 'French Fries' and 'chips'.

Chips are thick French Fries. Crisps are what Americans generally call 'Chips'.

My brain. My poor brain.

As an older Aussie, I call it all \chips. Chips are chips. So are French fries. So are crisps. We differentiate with either - hot chips or chips. French fries to us are McDonalds's cheap alternative.

Their burgers aren't actual burgers either - just mean onna bun. I was shocked the first time looked inside a McDonalds burger. I knew burgers from what mum made or we'd buy from fish'n'chip shops - a proper crispy bun that doesn't leak air when touched and deflate to a doughy, sugar laced nothing. There's be generous amounts of lettuce that didn't look ready to decompose, plus slices of tomato and beetroot. The meat patty would be thicker and less greasy (if you weren't unlucky).

Well....

How about going up to a vocalist and asking if they could sing Tenor... "Tenor?"

"Yah, Tenor twelve miles away from here!"

BTW "French Fries" are actually Belgium fries which are properly served with mayonnaise.

Well....

How about going up to a vocalist and asking if they could sing Tenor... "Tenor?"

"Yah, Tenor twelve miles away from here!"

For real? Haga! ...............................

It's the cocaine that's the real kicker.

tumblr_mgw8etge771rzianao1_500.gif

Back