Saving the world on Concert Tom at a time

Evilbagua

Silver Member
ONE concert tom at a time. I can't spell.

finally....finally after starting out as 3 orphaned shells almost 2 years ago I have hunted down enough lugs/spurs etc to piece together this 3 piece Vistalite set. The last thing I had to do was mod the 15x13 concert tom into a double headed tom. Thanks to a cracked black concert tom as a donor for rim/lugs and the help of Mr. Clay from Tucson's only legit place to get drums. Rainbow Guitars it's done. This wasn't expensive I have around 600$ US in the 3 vista's and snare it was just a ton of footwork getting everything. I am so happy, but sad I only have 1 current project I'm working on. My 70's Steel kit :)

Specs 22x14 Kick w/ steel hoops, 18x16 Floor Tom, 15x13 monsta double headed tom, and a 14x6 porkpie piglite snare clear.

cymbals 21" Z custom mega bell, 20" Z custom projection crash, 20" Sabian APX china, 14" z custom master sound hats.

Also if you want to hear it myspace.com/methrarocks for the kit minus the 15" tom on 3 of the 6 songs posted. The 3 newer ones are on this vista.

Attachments

• dwconcert.JPG
    dwconcert.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 425
Man I can't imagine how well that kit would project! Fiber-glass shells in 15, 18, and 24, with steel hoops on all, a 14x6 pork pie, and Z/Custom and APX!!!

I imagine you'll be getting some complaints from your neighbors soon!

Man I can't imagine how well that kit would project! Fiber-glass shells in 15, 18, and 24, with steel hoops on all, a 14x6 pork pie, and Z/Custom and APX!!!

I imagine you'll be getting some complaints from your neighbors soon!

It's a 22 I wish it was a 24 lol. It still sounds great, but not my loudest kit by far. That's gunna be a toss up with my 28" or steel 24"

It looks good, but I have to say it's ironic that the only legit place to buy drums, is Rainbow Guitars. lol

Woah, I didn't think you owned any bass drums that small!!

Lovely, lovely kit my friend. I hope you enjoy the "bop" (to you at least) sizes. lol

-Jonathan

What Jonathan said.

Evilbagua playing a 22"? What has the world come too!

Nice job drilling the shell without cracking it.

If I'm going to play a 22 it atleast is going to be a really loud one :) Tried to take a drivers seat pic and failed due to my tiny jam spot..

GD-aside from the local GC, Rainbow is the only place that stocks really high end stuff even GC's don't carry like Brady, GMS, German made Sonor etc. The names deceptive as I think they have more drum items on the floor than guitar stuff or it's atleast close.

Attachments

• dwvis1.JPG
    dwvis1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 306
Back