Mesh heads noise?

Eportdave

Buying a electronic drum kit soon but with mesh heads. How much noise do they make. Don't want to annoy the neighbours lol

Buying a electronic drum kit soon but with mesh heads. How much noise do they make. Don't want to annoy the neighbours lol

Roland heads are very quiet. The kick drum is usually the issue. Even mesh ones still transfer a ton of the impact right down to the floor where it's somewhat amplified.

Platforms that isolate can be built with enough determination and thought...

I worked on a silent stage for a eleven years (in ear monitors, large venue) and the kit was a Roland. I used a headset because they provided me with very good isolation from any noises other than what was coming through the Aviom.

Occasionally I would lift the headset off and I could hear the drummer (I was on electric bass), and the sound the Roland set was making on the stage was audible whereas in the house was where the "real" drum sound was being projected.

On the stage the drum kit sounded like someone playing drums on rubber tires... which was a "thud" sound. Interesting. But there wasn't any sort of membranophone property to the unamplified sound.

Back