Are PDP drums made in China?

C

ChristopherRPark

Well the answer is yes, well most of them. I don't know if we already have a thread here about this one. So uhmn.. well I was thinking getting a PDP blackout snare, when I was looking for some reviews, I saw a thread that says PDPs are made in China (I'm not against China made drums) that I always thought and lot of people thought that PDPs are made in Ensenada, Mexico, that's correct but not all of em because I emailed DW and their answer is "The only PDP drums that were made in Ensenada were the CX,LX,MX series" tadda! So basically others are made in China. Anyways, I'm still getting a Blackout snare. I hope this would help to clarify the PDP production confusions. Thanks!

sorry for my bad english

fri

Well the answer is yes, well most of them. I don't know if we already have a thread here about this one. So uhmn.. well I was thinking getting a PDP blackout snare, when I was looking for some reviews, I saw a thread that says PDPs are made in China (I'm not against China made drums) that I always thought and lot of people thought that PDPs are made in Ensenada, Mexico, that's correct but not all of em because I emailed DW and their answer is "The only PDP drums that were made in Ensenada were the CX,LX,MX series" tadda! So basically others are made in China. Anyways, I'm still getting a Blackout snare. I hope this would help to clarify the PDP production confusions. Thanks!

sorry for my bad english

fri

Did you ask em if DW's will eventually be made in Mexico, like only custom stuff in Oxnard?

I think the better question would be what drums are NOT made in China these days? It might be an easier list.

And of course, try to find any drum that doesn't have at least one part (being it a rim, lug, tension rod, screw, etc) made in China. You probably won't.

Back