Gary Husband new YouTube channel

Gary Husband

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Gentlemen and ladies,

I thought to put the word out that I have a fairly new channel of my own at YouTube, and since I now have a VHS to DVD recorder(!) I'm having fun looking through some stuff from down the years, compiling some and uploading. Anybody interested in checking some of it out please come by! And join me too!

Here's a solo from 1992 I uploaded just today, which will go through to my channel if you click via my uploader name I guess.

I sincerely hope you enjoy some of what you find there - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvOiJjGKnh4

Very best wishes to all.

GH

Does it get confusing having two or more husbands in a family? I mean, these are progressive times, so it's not like you're the only household with more than one husband.

Thanks for the posting Gary. I recently just listened to a smokin' performance of the song Mr. Pink you played on. Great stuff as usual!

Such a unique style and way of phrasing things. Never really could figure it out. I certainly hear the influence of Billy and Tony. Just superb playing.

Just wondering if playing keys influences your drumming or if drumming influences the way you play keys, more.

Just wondering if playing keys influences your drumming or if drumming influences the way you play keys, more.

Thanks for your warm words!

I think there's undoubtedly a correlation between the two, since both instruments are linked in terms of them being two forms of expression making one whole - complete one! My development on both instruments has been parallel for decades and I can truly claim that both are my main instrument.

Piano - or an instrument such as this - help give a drummer an infinitely broader understanding and real conception of form, harmony and melody - to speak very basically. It also (in my opinion) opens up a broader palette of expression, to someone previously exclusively concerned only with rhythm. It helps form the way you can musically "breath" - about how you can "punctuate" music from drums, and generally serves to widen an artist's whole conception... particularly in the more creative aspects of music, ie improvisation.

GH

Back