JOJO MAYER: NEW Hot Video...

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
Yesterday i met Jojo - he performed here in Basel (my hometown). I filmed some new stuff and as you can see, he's under fire....

Took some nice videos and here is a little teaser - much more to come!!!:

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/jojomayerteaser-1.mov

My question: i tested a new encoding - do this video work on your machines???!!!

Thanks for answering as many as possible...

Bernhard

Last edited:
......Just when you thought it impossible for Jojo to do anything more on the drums!!!!!!!!!!!!

mov is working fine on my comps, B.( Quicktime )

PS- Interesting to note that he has moved his remote hat closer to his main hats. It used to be somewhere near the center of his kit earlier, right Bernhard? Can you confirm?

I was wondering where Jojo is these days. Is he permanently stationed in Switzerland? As permanent as a musician can be, I mean.

PS- Interesting to note that he has moved his remote hat closer to his main hats. It used to be somewhere near the center of his kit earlier, right Bernhard? Can you confirm?

He's used two sets of x-hats for a long time; one next to the main hats and one under the ride cymbal.

THANKS BERHNARD!!
:d that's fantastic!!

I was wondering where Jojo is these days. Is he permanently stationed in Switzerland? As permanent as a musician can be, I mean.

He lives in NY, and he's been on clinic world tour since summer. he's basically doing clinics right up until winter 2009!

as you can see: three hats....

and i need the feedback from everybody if the movie (new encoding) works

Bernhard

Attachments

• jojo45.jpg
    jojo45.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,128
Yesterday i met Jojo and he performed here in Basel (my hometown). I filmed some new stuff and as you can see, he's under fire....

Took some nice videos and here is a little teaser - much more to come!!!:

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/jojomayerteaser-1.mov

My question: i tested a new encoding - do this video work on your machines???!!!

Thanks for answering as many as possible...

Bernhard

Yes it's working very good. Thanks for video!

Last edited by a moderator:
That man is unreal...

Video works great, thanks very very much!

Using Windows XP here; it opened and played with Quicktime just fine.

Dude's got a wicked right foot.

Works fine on Windows XP. I think .mov is the most universal encoding if I'm not mistaken?

MPEG is, mov is Quicktime and much more proprietary.

The video plays and looks fine using mplayer on Linux (a bit more picky than most players).

Works fine for me. Though I must admit it's a bit disconcerting to not have a progress bar - to not know where I am in the video. (I know that's not a result of the encoding though).

New encoding works fine on my iBook G4.

Jojo is a massive freak. What video equipment are you using? Sound quality is crazy (despite the backing track being overwhelmed) and video is crystal clear.

oops: i use a sony DCR PC1000E PAL - three years old, but still very good - not HD...
and i use the mounted microphone ECM-HQP1.

hauk: in my Browser-Window, which opens with the movie there IS a progress bar!!??
Anyway, it's just a sample and the definitive Drummerworld Page will be embedded.

Thanks for all your feedbacks - and yes: Jojo is a wizard - getting better and better all the time.

Bernhard

Ah. Thanks.

Vague feeling it's a long way out of my budget, but maybe someday...

Back