Sonor Force 3005 with new cymbal setup

Clayton_C

I went to Guitar Center today with the cash from my most recent gig, and for a surprisingly inexpensive $87, walked out with a Pearl Double-Jointed Ride stand, and a clamp-on splash stand from LP. I also took the plunge and drilled my AA Medium Ride about a week ago. There are two rivets, and it is flat out PERFECT for combo jazz or big band. Looooove it, it was completely worth all the fret and planning.
I believe I've showed the kit here before, but just in case... here's specs on it all.

Sonor Force 3005

18 x 20 Bass Drum (stock heads, remo)
14 x 5 Stock Snare (Remo Renaissance SE on the batter, stock head for reso)
10 x 10 mounted tom (remo coated weatherking)
12 x 12 mounted tom (remo coated weatherking)

Cymbals
AA 14" Medium Hats
AA 18" Medium Crash
Ziljian K 8" Splash
AA 20" Medium Ride (2 rivets)
Paiste 20" 302 Ride (just a stand-in borrowed from school until I can get my hands on a Meinl 20" Flat Ride, or something in that vein)

Enough of this foolery... here's the pics.

Before...
IMGP3484.jpg

...and after.
IMGP3487.jpg

IMGP3492.jpg

IMGP3493.jpg

The Sisters.
IMGP3494.jpg

The Bros.
IMGP3495.jpg

IMGP3497.jpg

IMGP3499.jpg

IMGP3500.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! Next on my list (after a ride to replace the 302)... probably some K Light Hats, or a Sonor Artist Series snare.

I recall them being extremely heavy.

Do you mean in terms of actual weight? When I take them places, they're usually not too inconvenient... last time I had a gig, it was on a fourteenth story, so I just stacked all the drums, cymbals, and hardware onto a 4-foot-long collapsible cart and rolled it to the elevator. Packing/transporting/unpacking was probably a 15-minute ordeal, not too bad at all.

If you meant in terms of sound, then, yes, I have noticed that they can be a bit too punchy/loud, especially in solely acoustic settings where you're playing partners don't have amplification. But I have spent a lot of time finding great heads and the sweet spot on my drums, so now I can play rather light, and the drums still resonate great and sound melodic, for the most part.

Thanks for the kind words!

Back