My C&C Kit (2012)

Chunkaway

Silver Member
Not sure why I never posted pictures of this kit, but after seeing a couple of C&C kits on this site, I figured I would jump in.

This is a maple/poplar/maple kit in burgundy sparkle wrap. 22X14, 16X14, 12X8. It sounds fantastic- very vintage, warm tone but with more oomph.

The Craviotto snare in the pictures is a 14X6.5. I sometimes use a Ludwig Black Beauty or a Ludwig Acrolite, but the Craviotto is probably my favorite snare...ever.

Cymbals are all Istanbul Agop - 15" Signature hats, 18" Traditional Dark crash, 22" Traditional Original ride, 22" Sultan ride. These cymbals are very dark, very warm, with some nice trashiness thrown in. They sound great recorded.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 351
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 299
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 301
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 322
Wonderful to see more C&C kits popping up!!

Absolutely gorgeous kit you have there. That's a neat wood combo, I remeber seeing a snare in that shell configuration on memephis drum shop's youtube page that I really liked. What heads are you using there?

And lets see some pics of that snare!

-Jonathan

Wonderful to see more C&C kits popping up!!

Absolutely gorgeous kit you have there. That's a neat wood combo, I remeber seeing a snare in that shell configuration on memephis drum shop's youtube page that I really liked. What heads are you using there?

And lets see some pics of that snare!

-Jonathan

Thanks for the kind comments, your kit was the one that made me want to post something. Lovely drums, you have there!

I'm using a coated PS3 on the batter of kick and a Fiberskyn on the resonant side-with a felt strip. The rack and snare have a coated Ambassador X the rack has a clear Ambassador on the bottom. The floor has a coated Emperor over a clear Ambassador.

Back