Newbie here pics of my kit.

Hey all I am new here just today actually. Here is some pics of my kit.

It includes the following:
PDP X7 orange sparkle 7 piece kit
Pork Pie 13x7 vented snare
Tama throne and Iron Cobra double pedal (be a long time before I ever need the other pedal though)
Hard ware Tama snare, high hat and some cymbal stands. Couple SP booms.
Tama and Pearl boom clamps. ?? boom extension from tom mount.
Cymbals:
Sabian 15" and 18" AAX crashes, 14" AAX high hats, 20" AA medium ride, 18" XS20 china (not pictured, loaned out), 12" APX splash.
Zildjian Zil-bel
10" Wuhan splash (hopefully replacing soon).
In layaway 16" AAX o-zone crash

The Tama bass head is a port or no port experiment. It will not stay on there long. Just till I get a PDP head shipped and money.

sAap7Pk.jpg
[/IMG]

k7QlFrn.jpg
[/IMG]

UyYXCZe.jpg
[/IMG]

lM8vl9S.jpg
[/IMG]

Ujnm2B5.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope you like.

Is it just the angle, or is your left beater nearly touching the head?

Lovely kit by the way, welcome to the forum!!

Also, what have you found in regards to ported vs. un-ported? I'm quite curious!

-Jonathan

Thanks Johnathan, yes the left beater is closer, but not as close as it seems. I am not to the point of using double pedal yet so it was kinda put outta the way.

As far as the port/no port. When I bought my kit it had a port. I did not really like the way it sounded. I tried a Kickport even with no real noticeable difference. So I remembered I had that Tama non-ported head and tried it. It produced a louder, fuller, and a bit boomier sound (at least for the room I am in). So for now I guess it is non-ported for me. Just gotta get that PDP head soon. It just feels wrong to have the Tama on a PDP. I had the same issue with my last kit, Tama Rockstars. It had a huge port and with the non-port it was an even bigger difference with that kit.

Thanks for the welcome and the reponse.

Nice setup, looks very playable. Get some marks on those heads!

Thanks Old Hype. It is pretty friendly to me. Yeah, I just bought, tore down, and put the kit back together with all new heads. But, your right I need more time behind it! Seems like I never get the time. I go to college too. When that starts back I almost never get to play. Better make the best of it while I can right?

Thanks G-2. It has been a long time building it to where I want it. I think it is pretty much there. Except for one more thing, and I am about to start a thread about it right now.

Pretty nice set up you got there! I am looking forward to owning my first kit my self. I have been playing on my dads 40 year old pearl fiberglass kit since I was about 4 years old.

Keep drumming!
-FineVisionz

Thanks FineVisionz for the compliment. What are you hoping for as your first kit of your own?

I have a similar Pork Pie snare, but the 13x7 in metallic gray sparkle with chrome hardware. Sounds incredible for the price.

They are nice, thank you. I just bought one of the new Nyatoh 13x6's pretty incredible for the price it was.

Back