what your drum gear dose when ur not looking..

You've removed this video from your other thread & placed it here for some reason. Anyhow, I replied in the other thread, but here is is again :)

Hahahahaha, top marks for funny presentation = love it!

Got to say though, not liking the Kickport at all.

Bass drum = noticeable increase in bottom end being picked up by the mic, but much of that can be explained by a change in mic position. Putting the mic directly in the port hole never offers a wholesome result at the best of times.

Toms & snare = you've just exchanged one form of muffling for another. Those toms are utterly dead. That's ok if your shooting for a dead sound so you can more easily pile on EQ & other processing later, but they're devoid of all tone & character IMHO. Snare is just dead & flat.

Sorry, got to say it as I see it. I'm sure that sound will suit some players, but frankly, even your drums muffled with tape & gels sounded better than the ports to my ears.

I am confused on how kickports carry babies. Wasn't the bass drum the male?

yo guys- thanks for the replies!
well from my experiment here, i found that its not that the ports improve the sound, as was mentioned here, its a form of drying the sound,
but from what i found, its quite a unique way of doing so

tape or moongell dont crate such a airy sounding dryness, and if thats the kind of thing your going for, its a refreshing option to have!

p.s- there one of those spesiese that both males and females give birth...

Back