Poor and Insulting Service at LI Drum Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the reason for our $25 minimum on all credit card purchases is to offset the fees from the credit card companies in order to continue to offer these specials to our customers.

But as mentioned above this is not allowed under your Visa merchants agreement.

If I spend 100.00 or 20.00 five times in a month you fees are the same.

Take that Dennis Ricci!

Dear Kenneth,
I’m sorry that your experience at our store this past time was not to your liking. The Long Island Drum Center is always quite busy and it is our goal to satisfy everyone’s needs. The drumsticks that you wanted to purchase were part of our Buy 2 get 1 free promotion and the reason for our $25 minimum on all credit card purchases is to offset the fees from the credit card companies in order to continue to offer these specials to our customers. We appreciate your past patronage and we welcome you back to The Long Island Drum Center at any time. We will be happy to give you a free pair of drumsticks as a token of your past patronage.
Sincerely,
Dennis Ricci- President/Owner of The “Original” Long Island Drum Center

Meh, you lost my business already, and I'm not quite sure this post reflects that you get it. Offer me a pallet of drumsticks and we might be back in business.

Meh, you lost my business already, and I'm not quite sure this post reflects that you get it. Offer me a pallet of drumsticks and we might be back in business.

I believe you may have just lost your credibility young man.

Discounting the ass (ie. the law) I would think that ethically a shopkeeper is entitled to make their own rules about what they'll accept and what they won't as long as the signage is very visible, clear and positioned properly.

It would be a nice goodwill gesture to cut someone a bit of slack on "first offence" with the credit card rule, especially if it's 2.5 x the law. It would be annoying to go out cashless and then find out you can't pay, even though legally you're entitled to. Still, talking about a "pallet of sticks" suggests that the OP's vibe might not have encouraged goodwill.

I think he got it just fine. You're the one who does not get it.
I deal with people like you all to often. Somehow, someone has ruined your life and the only way to make it up to you is to give you (and you think you are entitled to) way more then you deserve. If it takes a pallet of sticks to get you happy you are lying. Even if they offered you the pallet you would be telling everyone how you bent them over and you still wouldn't do business with them. Just saying.
Take the mans apology, take the mans offer and move on with your little self.

Take that Dennis Ricci!

A good businessman would never have let this happen. In this business climate he cannot afford to lose even 1 customer like this. He does not lose just this 1, he loses anyone that finds this customer credible.
I think we all know the transaction should have been allowed because of the rules for transactions but, IMO, the transaction should have been allowed so as to not lose a customer. Even if the profit margin took a hit. It is better to make a little profit than none at all and lose a customer. Without customers there is no business.

As the mayor pointed out, the store policy is not in compliance with the rules for transactions. Maybe it is time to review the rules and bring the store policy into compliance and train the staff on the need to satisfy every customer who walks thru the door.

That's nothing. Try Steve Weiss sometime. Everyone knows you get rude service even on the phone with them. They pretty much have the classical instruments and print music side monopolized (only because of their large on hand inventory). At least if you're looking for drum set stuff there are lots of other choices.

For me this sounds good. Thank you Dennis

...let's go back to work and close this thread...

Bernhard

Dear Kenneth,
I’m sorry that your experience at our store this past time was not to your liking. The Long Island Drum Center is always quite busy and it is our goal to satisfy everyone’s needs. The drumsticks that you wanted to purchase were part of our Buy 2 get 1 free promotion and the reason for our $25 minimum on all credit card purchases is to offset the fees from the credit card companies in order to continue to offer these specials to our customers. We appreciate your past patronage and we welcome you back to The Long Island Drum Center at any time. We will be happy to give you a free pair of drumsticks as a token of your past patronage.
Sincerely,
Dennis Ricci- President/Owner of The “Original” Long Island Drum Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back