my ddrum dios bubinga natural kit

I just want to know how on earth you hit all those cymbals?

I think i put pencil to paper once to figure out how much was the value of the kit (for insurance purposes since it sits in a warehouse studio now). The replacement cost was between 15 and $16k (sounds like a lot but there are tons of guys on this forum who have waaaaaaay more invested in their stuff). Being the cheap bastard i am, i bought 90% of the stuff off of ebay bringing my tally to just over 9 grand. Again, the pic is just ass-hattery, i thought it would be hysterical to just throw every single cymbal i own on the set. i don't really use 26 cymbals, i use 9 cymbals and a hi hat on the big kit and like 6 cymbals when i play out on the little kit.

lol....ass-hattery...never heard that before.

but yea thats a wicked set. reminded me of a mini bozzio kit.

BAH! i feel stupid for posting so late on this thread!

But. ill give it a shot.

I love your kit, and the layered look to it!

What did you use to stack one rack on top of the other?
thats such a brilliant idea!

BAH! i feel stupid for posting so late on this thread!

But. ill give it a shot.

I love your kit, and the layered look to it!

What did you use to stack one rack on top of the other?
thats such a brilliant idea!

i just used some Gibraltar pipe couplers. The vertical rack bars from the ICON system are 1 1/2", same as Gibraltar, Tama, Dixon and just about every other manufacturer. The last time I was at Sam Ash, i saw that Pearl came out with vertical extenders for the Icon. Or maybe it's just longer bolts on a pcl-100 clamp.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibraltar-SCGPREX-Clamp?sku=446078

I've only just picked this up too. What a wow factor beast that is. Classy too though. Now I see how you might just be able to spare the odd component for our Cuban friend!!! A generous kit for a generous drummer.

Never said this to another guy, but i guess there IS a first time for everything.

Nice rack! :)

I've only just picked this up too. What a wow factor beast that is. Classy too though. Now I see how you might just be able to spare the odd component for our Cuban friend!!! A generous kit for a generous drummer.

I've got piles of stuff that i don't use and i'm too lazy to list it all on ebay, but i'm sure a well deserving drummer like Leo would put it to use and cherish it. Just wish other drummers who are the "haves" here on the forum can help out this one guy who is a "have not". I'm sure there are a bunch of guys like me with stuff to spare, it's just a question of coordinating our effort.

Never said this to another guy, but i guess there IS a first time for everything.

Nice rack! :)

Thanks, man. I've taken out a bunch of the cymbals from the setup and added a new horizontal mid section on the rack to keep it more symmetrical. I'll post up pics soon.

I've got piles of stuff that i don't use and i'm too lazy to list it all on ebay, but i'm sure a well deserving drummer like Leo would put it to use and cherish it. Just wish other drummers who are the "haves" here on the forum can help out this one guy who is a "have not". I'm sure there are a bunch of guys like me with stuff to spare, it's just a question of coordinating our effort.

Working on it. I've got Leo's details now and my Canadian contacts are in the process of checking documentation requirements, shipping charges, etc. They've already kindly agreed to act as a consolidation warehouse and do all the export packaging, etc. I'll post a new thread on this as soon as I've got all the info together. Might take a few more days yet. Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit. A few more guys with your generous attitude and we'll have this nailed. Fondest regards, KIS.

Still in awe of your kit. What's the big Zildjian in the center top row?

Working on it.

Still in awe of your kit. What's the big Zildjian in the center top row?

LOL, it's a 22" K. Constantinople light ride. It's highly crashable and when i hit it, it's like the mother of all crashes, lmfao!!!!! I only use it once every 4 bars or so, and only to accent heavy punches. I've got 3 kits that i use and it's really not appropriate for riding through my style of play and I've got a 20" A custom on my studio kit, a paiste 20" 602 formula ride on my gig kit and a ZXT 20" on my kit at home and i didn't want a $500 cymbal lying around, doing nothing so i turned it into a giant crash, hehe. Something absolutely absurd that no one has picked up on, There's a 12" k custom hybrid splash in the pics mounted on top of the big 22 in the middle. You can see it in the first 2 pics

Hi guys, new to the forum here. Ddrum's online forum has been "under construction" for weeks now so i need to make new online friends. Here's some pics of my '07 ddrum dios bubinga kit in natural finish:

2 x 22x20 bass drums
7x 13 snare
7x8, 8x10, 8x 12, 8x13 rack toms
8 x 14 cut down suspended floor (rack) tom
12 x 16 suspended floor tom
12 x 18 floor tom
Pearl 4 x 10 soprano piccolo snare
Pearl Icon rack system
Trick Percussion 01v detonator bigfoot pedals
misc zildjian, paiste, sabian, wuhans

bubinga13.jpg

bubinga14.jpg

dios9.jpg

dios7.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

bubingacustom.jpg

Oh my god, that just made my day. Your kit is just HUGE! do you buy your stuff used off ebay, or are you just rich? I havent counted but it think youve got more than 20 cymbals on your kit, plus your secondary kit which is a beauty aswell!

Oh my god, that just made my day. Your kit is just HUGE! do you buy your stuff used off ebay, or are you just rich? I havent counted but it think youve got more than 20 cymbals on your kit, plus your secondary kit which is a beauty aswell!

Thanks for the compliments. I'm definitely not rich and yes, about 2/3 of the big kit was purchased on ebay including 8 of the 10 bubinga drums. Ddrum was so kind as to build a custom order for a 13" rack and 18" floor tom (see bottom pic) in natural bubinga finish that didn't even exist in their catalog before i ordered one (they've since added it to their product line!)

about 2/3 of the big kit was purchased on ebay including 8 of the 10 bubinga drums.

oh ok thats what i thought. you guys in the states are lucky you have ebay, over here we have to get all the stuff imported, and its very expensive. there are nearly no used instruments here.
Anyways, beautiful kits you have there, do you have anywhere where i can check out your playing or your band if you have one? i can imagine you play rock/metal since you have a trigger pad played by a double pedal (2nd picture from the bottom)

Back