fibes drums?

I was just at guitar center and some guy brought in an old fibes acrylic snare that looked like it sat in the sun and was beaten for years. Looked like an awesome shell though. Very funny that I see this thread after I saw that.

Hello everyone, I found on eBay a Corder 6.5 x 14 snare maple shell and hoops. I bought it because I have a Corder kit without a snare. I might upload a photo of the kit later. Anyways, because Corder used the same hardware as Fibes, I have been on the hunt for a while now looking for other hardware and I can't find anywhere the lugs for the snare. No new news on what Fibes is doing with their new factory. Does anybody one here know where I can find the hardware that's not going to kill me with the prices? Thanks

Last time I talked to Tommy (early December '13), he has a new factory/warehouse, and is working on getting the building up to code and through all inspections, which the city seems to be making very difficult. When they start back up, I think they'll only be doing repairs and wood kits, then fiberglass - which they've put a lot of research into it from the sounds of it, and then maybe acrylic. But it will probably be a year or so at least before they even think about doing non-wood kits. Next time I see him I'll bother him for you, he might have some new lugs stashed somewhere.
Anyways, stay patient and lugs are bound to appear on eBay or a vintage drum forum. Until then, you may just have to order some random tube lugs or something with the correct spacing until you can get the real McCoy's, and sell them off when you're done or something.

Last time I talked to Tommy (early December '13), he has a new factory/warehouse, and is working on getting the building up to code and through all inspections, which the city seems to be making very difficult. When they start back up, I think they'll only be doing repairs and wood kits, then fiberglass - which they've put a lot of research into it from the sounds of it, and then maybe acrylic. But it will probably be a year or so at least before they even think about doing non-wood kits. Next time I see him I'll bother him for you, he might have some new lugs stashed somewhere.
Anyways, stay patient and lugs are bound to appear on eBay or a vintage drum forum. Until then, you may just have to order some random tube lugs or something with the correct spacing until you can get the real McCoy's, and sell them off when you're done or something.

Hello again jodgey! Any updates on Fibes drums and the factory? I still haven't been able to find any new details about it myself.

HELLO, IM LOOKING FOR A FIBES CF MARTIN FIBERGLASS 14" FLOOR TOM IN BLACK, BUT WILL TAKE ANY COLOR. THANK YOU, Anthony 516-858-4800

Hi

I've recently found a Fibes snare in my cellar and it's the worse for wear. I am looking for spare parts for it so that I can get it back to working order. I've rang the factory in Austin but there was an automated answer machine saying the factory was closed for relocation.

To cut a long story short, does any one know where I can buy spare parts please? I live in England.

Sorry to burst your bubble ,but Tommy has been reopening Fibes for many, many years now(9 or 10 years already),so don't hold yer breath.

As for spare parts ,look out on Ebay,I got 10 snare lugs for $100 bucks a few months ago and SFT 690 throwoffs come on line every so often(about $125 complete).

Here's 3 I own ,with another 3 in various states of restoration.

CF Martin Fibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHubUWXwn7E

Austin Fibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPnhmT_2ro

Corder Fibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdEK8v-OGgk

Garcia Fibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dXYbkAoxhE

Last edited:
I visited with Tommy last week, and of course asked him about the company. He's still looking for the right building and he has a line on something. So, nothing's changed for a while. Too bad, I'd really like to see the brand come back, and he was making his own shells, which puts him in a different category than those who outsource shells (and hardware.)

Bermuda

FIBES WANTED :
FIBES CLEAR ACRYLIC CRYSTALITE:
-sizes 6" & 8" & 10" head toms.
-12 x 15" head tom or snare drum.
-either 16 or 18 or 20 x 20" head floor tom or bass drum.
-20" head bass drum.
-4 1/2 or 5 1/2 x 12" head snare drum.
-any or full 7 set of Fibales.

FIBES FIBERGLASS:
-26 inch bass drum shells (or finished) need two, but will take one.
-any or full 7 set of Fibales, any finish or unfinished shells.

FIBES cymbal stands, tom floor stands, snare stands, lug key tool, compact cowbell holder, solid cym-sets, t-shirts, golf-polo shirts, ballcaps, heads with logo (if near mint), possibly wood bass drum hoops.

FIBES Any odd piece or prototypes.

Corder T-tom floor stands.

Corder or Darwin stands - snare, cymbal, T-tom floor stands if same appearance as FIBES.

Paypal. Please send me private message here on site if selling any of these. Worldwide OK. Thank you.
bump

They also make wood drums too. My cousin has 2 sets of Fibes, both acrylic. One is smoke grey and the other is clear.

Speaking of Fibes, this Corder kit has been on FB Marketplace for the past few months. Corder bought the tooling and molds from Fibes and made Maple kits like this one.

ARHjONb.png

I visited with Tommy last week, and of course asked him about the company. He's still looking for the right building and he has a line on something. So, nothing's changed for a while. Too bad, I'd really like to see the brand come back, and he was making his own shells, which puts him in a different category than those who outsource shells (and hardware.)

Bermuda

Bermuda,
Anything new from Tommy R about re-starting Fibes ? It's been 5 more years & I've forgot to call the drum shop for that long also. Any scoop ?
Hoping he revives Fibes and that it won't impede upon the other great brands he also sells.

Time goes so fast, it's now over 10 years since Bobby Grauso passed. We were good friends all thru the Martin era in Nazareth. Exceptional fellow, great drummer, teacher, bandleader and incredible innovator regarding drum & hardware development.

Back