FNG - Just postin a pic of the kit.

6o66er

Hi everyone, I'm new here so I figure I'd post what I got and see what you guys think about the setup.

I have a Tama Imperialstar with the Meinl HCS cymbal pack. I re-skinned it with an Aquarian Hi-Energy snare head, Evans Black tom batters, and an Aquarian Superkick II pre-pack. I also picked up a 9" Zildjian Custom Hybrid splash since my kit came with the 12" china instead.

I use a pretty decent Iron Cobra "clone" double kick pedal for now, but I have Axis longboards on the to-do list for this coming month.

Any constructive criticism or helpful hints would be great! I'm a new player so I welcome them. I know the pic sucks, but all I have right now is a camera phone, lol. PS - the ride actually DOES sit just above the floor tom...it's just the angle the pic was taken at that kinda throws it off.

drums.jpg

Hi man, welcome to the forums!
Your kits looks good to start with, but one thing you gotta do is fix those rack tom angles. That's really not a good position to hit a tom, try to bring them together and flatten them out, then i'll be perfect.

Have fun here, and with your kit!

Welcome, Bien Venous, Greetings and Salutations; I used to put my toms at strange angles too. If it feels good, Play it. Good choice of heads. I like the Zildjian Custom Hybrids also. There are always folks here to help. Catch ya later.

I swear, Craigslist must ban pictures of drumsets with toms that have angles of less than 45 degrees and are less than six inches apart. Check out the listings on any Craigslist and you will see what I mean!

That's funny. Everytime I see photos posted on CL with the bonehead setups, I think this is a person that knows nothing about drums and a could deal could be had.

Yeah, I readjusted the angles...they sit MUCH flatter now. I've been trying alot of different configurations to get what I really wanted and felt comfortable with. I finally got all of my cymbals arranged just right too. They're not all bunched together on one side, and I feel much more relaxed and fluid when I'm playing.

I did some research before I bought the heads, and I'm glad I did. They sound amazing! I'm still learning, so the tuning process was a bit painful to get down, but I'm glad I spent the time and effort doing it.

I'm working on getting some better pics, but I busted my digital cam when I moved a couple months back so I'm stuck with my crappy camera phone for now.

Thanks for the input, I've been picking through threads on here for tips and suggestions and they've all been a great help.

Back