Mapex Saturn Mayan Drum Kit? Had anyone heard anything about this?

jondrumming

MayanSaturn.jpg

I'd never heard of it, it's not on Mapex's website, maybe it just got released?

decisions eh!? Interesting, i didn't know mapex made whole racist kits, i just thought it was the snare drums? It would be interesting to see what that bronze hardware would look like in a few years.

It was a one-shot drumset that they made to accompany their Black Panther Limited Edition Mayan Snare Drum for some display.

"Mapex have introduced a limited edition for 2009 of the Saturn drum set in Mayan Tattoo finish. After the success of the Black Panther Series Snares with the same design, Mapex has released a full MAYAN Tattoo finish drum set.
The component pack features two-interior walnut plies and four exterior maple plies, eight coats of hand applied deep gloss lacquer and color-matching brass brushed hardware.

This component pack includes a 22x18 bass drum, 10x8 and 12x9 tom toms, 14x14 and 16x16 floor toms and a 14x5.5 Black Panther Mayan Steel snare drum.

The Mayan Saturn features an 8-ply/ 7.5mm bass drum and 6-ply/ 5.1mm toms with low-mass, single point-of-contact lugs. Mayan Saturn drums also feature Mapex 2.3mm Steel Powerhoops and Remo® Emperor batter heads on all toms. Mayan Black Panther’s 20-strand Steel snare drum and bass drums come with Remo® Ambassador heads.

The Mayan Saturn limited edition bass drum claws are cushioned, low in profile and include die- cast hooks. Like all Saturn drums, the Mayan Tattoo finish has the exclusive Isolated Tom Mounting System on all toms and bass drums, spring-loaded floor tom legs, and the unique thin maple and walnut hybrid shell, producing the deep, rich tones that thousands of players have chosen to be their drum of choice. "

You can get them for $7000NZD here by special order.

Hmm about 4.5 thousand American?

What is a cushioned bass drum exactly?

there's been a double bass mayan kit up on ebay for several months now, think the dude was asking $4500 for it...

Back